Huggies Forum

Milk not drying up after 2 years Lock Rss

hi everyone,

i wasn't too sure where to post this so i hope this is ok. My friend has asked me to enquire about her issue. She has stopped breastfeeding for 2 years now and she is still able to squeeze out milk. :~ Does anyone know what is going on in her body? I read the post in the baby section but the duration is different. I stopped breastfeeding 3 months ago and my milk stopped a month later so i couldn't help. Any ideas?

Sue & Daewon 23.03.2004

It will be a year next month since I stopped feeding, and I still have milk. I figure it has to dry up eventually, and it's not somuch that it leaks.

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

well she has been referred to have a cat scan as her dr suspects that the switch to turn off her milk has not been turned off (if you know what i mean) smile so maybe when she gets her results and maybe answers i can tell you what is going on.

At least now i can tell her that she is not the only one. Thanks for the reply.

Sue & Daewon 23.03.2004

Hi sue,
I too had this problem, my dr did a cat scan and I had a little tumor on my pituitary gland (gland that releases prolactin to stimulate milk production) It was leaking prolactin and he just gave me some tabs. called bromocrimptine, they helped and the tumour went away, hope your friends finds an answer soon and tell her good luck with it all.
Mandy.

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

thanks mandy for your reply,

she too have gone for a cat scan and was unable to find the cause. Unfortunately now i am in nz so i do not see her anymore. sad

Thanks again

Sue & Daewon 23.03.2004

i haven't breast fed for 10 months now and i still get the occassional bit of milk(mostly in where i had my nipple pierced!

19yr old 1st time mummy to ava born jan 7th 2004

Sign in to follow this topic