Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. Anyone else had gallbladder removed after C Section?

Anyone else had gallbladder removed after C Section? Lock Rss

I had a C Section 5 months ago and had gallstone attacks from 3 weeks after. I was in and out of hospital until I had my gallbladder removed in February. I had pancreatitis and was quite unwell. I have recovered now but lately when I have been holding my DS against me I have an awful pain in my upper abdomen. Is this normal, has anyone else had this. I cannot get into my normal doctor for 10 days but it is not that bad but bad enough to worry me.

Julie, SA, mum to Thomas born 21/11/05

hey sweet, yes this is WAAAAAAAAY more common then people actually realise, and if you look around in general discussion, your bound to find two or more message posts just like this!! I had c section, and pain for me started one week later! and man worse then labour pains!!

Had mine out 14 months ago, and not really looked back. in regards to the pain, I did get that for a wihl,e but still get it checked, but now, if I lie on my left side and sort of turn on a weird angle, or have mckenzie (daughter) on me, I find I get pain. but apart from that I had had no worries with my recovery ooh apart from the odd time of the 'runs' hahaha TMI i know, but that is now settling down. I was borderline pancreatitis, just started to get the yellow skin when I got my operation, and thankfuly had keyhole. Maybe they should have a message board of mothers health after childbirth or something. because there is sooooooooooooooooooo many other woman in same boat as u and I
Take care Love Kel and Kenzie xoxoxo

Mckenzie Cate 28/7/04 & Lexi Breanne 10/5/07

Sign in to follow this topic