Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

C-sect scar Rss

I had a c-sect 5 1/2 months ago and was wondering if anyone had ideas on products to use to make redness go away or do you just have to wait it out? Also does the scar go flat after some time

WA

Hi Westiegirl, I had a c-sect 15 1/2 months ago and I can't remember when the reddness went away but it did go away and it is reasonabley flat now. I also have heard if you vitamin e oil it helps reduce the scaring and makes it less obvious. I haven't tried this yet but I plan to give it ago. Mum saidt that she used to rub oil from a vitamin e capsule on a rather bad scar I had after being hit by I car when I was little, it may have worked as I don't even have scar now. She said she did it about 5 times a day for the first few months and then did it 3 times a day for another 3 months. As my hubby said to me when I was feeling particulary upset about my scar, it isn't a scar it is a sign of love and a wonderful joy that was bought into our lives. It didn't make me feel much better but it was a nice thing to be told.

1 wonderful boy 6 and another on the way

Thankyou piglet i'll give the vitE oil a try.

WA

I had a c-section 4 months ago and my scar is still red, I think that takes awhile. My scar has always been pretty flat though. You also have to take into account that everyone heals differently, some people are good healers and others aren't so good.

Dayna
WA

Mum to Aiden John (born - 1st September 2003)

hi westiegirl,

I had my 1st c-section 3 1/2 years ago and it took a while for the redness to go away and for it to go flat, probably around 7mths. But, the second time i had a c-sect which was 5 1/2 mths ago, the scar healed really quickly, it is not red or raised as with a 2nd c-section the first scar is cut out.....
so I wouldn't worry it'll go before you know it.

Chey.....

leo,NSW

I had a c-section 4 1/2 months ago and my scar is also really red. But my problem is that my lower stomach is still completely numb. When I had the C-section they gave me a spinal injection. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing or should I speak to someone professional about it?
Hi Jade's mum,
I think you really should talk to your Obsterician about the numbness.
I too had a spinal with my C-section and had no problems with it. The redness of the scar went away after about 7-8 months and is now very pale in colour.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Hi there Jake's mum,

I had a c-section 8 and a half months ago...My scar is flat and not red, however I too have numbness...I actually have a T numb spot...When I spoke with my obstetrician he said that it's because of the fact that I have had major surgery and anything that is cut can be numb.

He said it may take up to 12 months to get any feeling back if at all...

Hope this helps.
Hi there Jade's mum,

I had a c-section 8 and a half months ago...My scar is flat and not red, however I too have numbness...I actually have a T numb spot...When I spoke with my obstetrician he said that it's because of the fact that I have had major surgery and anything that is cut can be numb.

He said it may take up to 12 months to get any feeling back if at all...

Hope this helps.
Thanks for replying. It has made me feel better because at least I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I have decided to just wait and see what happens. Hopefully the feeling does return after the year. If it is still numb I have decided to see someone about it. Thank you again.
hey darl im going through the same thing ive been using body butter its been ok so far

julia

ive had 3 c sections a the most recenly 15 months ago and its hardly noticable now it does go falt anf the rdness goes away i didnt do anything special

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic