Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Deciding on another baby! Rss

Hi,

I have 3 boys, 8, 5 and 4 months. From my experience I have found this gap to be wondeful. I have the time to enjoy each of my kids as individuals and had enough time to share around. I spent 2 and a half years enjoying my first, when Jake came along. Brandon started kindergarten and I had that quality time with Jake. Now he is starting school next year and I will get those special moments with Lachlan too. I have found that I have different relationship with all of them as I have gotten to know them one at a time. A lot of my friends who have kids really close together, often say that the first 3 to 4 years with them are a blur as they were always tired and busy.

This is just my opinion and experience, but I have really enjoyed my kids and we have special memories of doing things together as a family as well as alone. Enjoy them while they are young. They grow up too fast and before you know it they become these little independent people with minds of their own!

Goodluck

Nat
I'm going wait until Zach is out of nappies before I consider another one. He'll be more independent and able to understand what a new baby is all about and not try to act like one again!
The last time I posted on this topic, I was 5mths pregnant. My little boy is now 6mths old and my little girl just over 2yrs. I found the first 3months a little trying but that was just my little girl getting use to the idea that I just can't drop everything to do things for her now. I just love the age gap and would do it again the same way. NOW she is fantastic. She has learnt to be patient and she is the best big sister. We have been very lucky to have the both of them get along so well. I wish you all the very best with your up and coming bundles of joy.

HAPPY MOTHERING!!!!!

Nae, Qld, SAHM with DD 7yrs, DS 5yrs & DD 22mths

i have 3 boys there is 16 months age differnce between no1&2 & 14 months differnce between 2 & 3 , when the last one was born the eldsest was not quite 2.5 so it was a challenge & busy. go for it they have so much fun being close in age . they are intersted in the same activities too which is good but can cause fights . my 2 older boys go to preschool 3x week & my mum helps me out on the other2 days . youll be fine

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I have four children, ages 9, 5.5, 2 and four months. The 3.5 year age gap between the first three was great early on. Then number four was a great big surprise, and number 3 and 4 are only two years apart. This has been pretty tricky, not because of the gap so much as the fact that I am doing preschool and school and after-school stuff with a newborn and 2 year old. That is really hard work - we practically live in the car some days -in and out, in and out. I think it's great to spread them out a bit to have that great one-on-one time that nataliewoods said, but I see the appeal of having all your babies before the eldest starts school! A lot of my friends with babies a year apart seem to cope better than the ones who have them two years apart. The eldest just doesn't remember life before their sibling came along!

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

just to see are you all doing with your new babys

Johanne_Chambers@yahoo.com.au plainland qld

Sign in to follow this topic