Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Deciding on another baby! Rss

Hi, I have a 8 1/2 month old baby, he is beautiful, he is crawling and walking around the furniture, so it wont be long until he is walking. Im really considering another one. My partner wants to wait a few more months but if I were to fall pregnant tomorrow he would be over the moon.
Has anyone got children this close, my son would just be under 2, when the next one is born, if I were to fall pregnant soon.
If so, is it hard to handle, or should there be more of a gap.
I have a two and ahalf year age gap between mine (I have 2 children) and the first was a dream, the second a nightmare (he's six months now). Personnally, I figure between two and three years was a good gap (and we managed to hit it right in bewtween) because they are still close enough to be pals and "grow up" in a similar way but the first was that bit more independent and able to do little things like eating, getting toys out (and back!) and talking about toiletting rather than being completely dependent on me. If I was you, I'd wait another four months or so and see how much easier it gets as first baby gets more independent.
Good luck with it though, whatever you choose.

Helen, ACT

Should wait 2 years or now if you like

Johanne_Chambers@yahoo.com.au plainland qld

Hi mumnic. I have a seven month old son and I am also considering another baby. I'm thinking I would like to fall pregnant around Christmas, so there will be a 20 month gap between my children. I figure it might be a bit of a challenge to start with but once your newborn settles into a kind of routine it should become easier in theory anyway, I guess you won't know until you get there!!! Good luck with whatever you decide!!!!
it up to you my step sister got three kids under 3 and she is doing very well with them i got a 9 mouths boy he just crawlig around not walking let he is trying to sit up but can,t do it let what kind of food do you give him when do you think you will be ready for one why wait untill he is about 1 1/2 mouths than try than do you work at all . i don,t work i just a mum and i got two step kids has well one is eight and one is ten and a 9 mouths boy on the 30 aug so thats a big gap and i will be haveing a anther on soon ihope but when he is two than i willl try thaan because we need a anther car so i will wait than ..

so good luck when you do

JohanneChambers@bigpond.com

send me a Email to talk more about it any time on from 8.00am or 9.00 everyday talk soon

jojo

Johanne_Chambers@yahoo.com.au plainland qld

Mumnic,

I am actually in the situation that you are considering. My little one is 16mths and I am 5mths pregnant. I wanted 2yrs or 2.5yrs between my two but I am over the moon that there will be around 21mths between them. Mind you I do panic and worry how will I cope with a toddler and a newborn but hey, I think we all learn to cope in our own way.

Good luck in your decision. Try your instincts!

Nae, Qld, SAHM with DD 7yrs, DS 5yrs & DD 22mths

Hi mums,

Well i have just or am going thru what you are talking about. I believe as long as you are on top with the first one you can handle another. Don't get me wrong there are some trying times. The hardest part i found was not getting to catch up on sleep in the day because of No1.

I always wanted children close as my sister and i are 1 yr apart and best of friends!

GO FOR IT!!!!!
GOODLUCK
Tepe smile

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

How old was your first baby when you fell pregnant Tepe?

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

This is the only info I've had on this kind of situation...
my sister's children are 18 months apart and she found it terribly difficult! I've talked to a lot of people since then who advise me to take it slow and enjoy the time with the first baby. (so wait 2 or 3 years). One woman told me it was harder than having twins!!

One more thing - if you do decide to have your babies close together and lots of people do - make sure you're prepared for the kind of reactions your toddler might have to the new arrival such as a return to wanting to be treated like a baby,

Hannah (3 yrs) and Harry's (born 22/7) Mum! QLD

I know that it is a so called good idea to have them a bit further apart, but I belive that having them close is a good idea. My sister and I are so close and many mums that I have spoken too from the previous generation seem to think closer is actually easier.

I think that as long as you feel comfortable with the idea then go for it. I'm now 2 months pregnant and have a 10 month old and I'm only21. Get them out of the way quick, enjoy the rest of your life with your partner and GROWN children.

Connor 24/1/03, Oliver 8/6/04, Zachary 5/12/07

Hi there,
I just had to reply!! I have a daughter who is about to turn one next week and I just found out TODAY that I am 7 weeks pregnant. My husband and I are very happy. We wanted our babies to be close in age and this will mean that my daughter and her sibling will be 19 months apart. We started trying to conceive when my daughter was 10 months old, didn't expect it to happen straight away... but it did. I expect that there will be times that wont be easy, but I can't wait. My second baby will be due around 21 July 2004... all going well!!! I say if you feel ready and your husband supports you then go for it. There are lots of mums and dads with babies close in age and they get by. If it is right for you... do it!!! Goodluck, hope you have some news like very excited me soon....
Hi Michelle,

Had to jump in and say CONGRATULATIONS!!

wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Sign in to follow this topic