Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. Uncomfortable when inserting tampons

Uncomfortable when inserting tampons Rss

I have recently gotten my period since giving birth 3 months ago (C-Section) I am finding that it is quite uncomfortable when inserting the tampon is this normal? Will it improve or have I just lost the knack of it? Details of similar experiences would be appreciated.

Michelle, Vic, 3yo boy & 3mth Girl

Hi Michelle,

I think its pretty normal. I have had two periods since my c-section (almost 8 months ago) and I find the first time a bit difficult. I'm ok this time round. I think we just might have been out of practise *lol*

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

I was coming here to post something like this. Hannah came out the normal way and since that I can't seem to insert a tampon and have it stay in there. Despite pushing it as far as it goes (about a finger deep), it actually eventually pops out again (and not when its full). This is extremely comfortable.

I tore whilst having her - do you think this is a problem?

Advice would be appreciated!

Hannah (3 yrs) and Harry's (born 22/7) Mum! QLD

Hi cannasalmon,

I to had my son the normal way and have just recently had my first period (he's 9.5 months). I've found it dificult to insert tampons as I seem too. Not so much that it does come out, but just that it doesn't feel comfortable at all. I had four stitches and then an infection. I can actually see the difference to the way things were and now I am absolutely paranoid about the state of affairs down there but who do you go to for comparison?!?! I am just extremely glad to be single!

I have no advice but I stuck to pads during my period and I think I wil be for a while. Maybe it's lack of confidence, or maybe it was so tender for so long that now I'm still a little ginger about it.
I can totally relate. It is so nice to see other people that have the same problems. At least I know I am not alone.
i had my son via a C section 9 months ago and have also found it very uncomfortable to wear tampons. before i had my baby I always wore tampons but now I just use pads.

I was pleased to read this post as I was only wondering about this a few days ago.
I've just re-read my post.

I meant to say "It is extremely UNcomfortable" - not comfortable smile

I'm sorry you're all having problems, but I'm glad at the same time, because I thought I was all alone.

Hannah (3 yrs) and Harry's (born 22/7) Mum! QLD

hi guys
my god, im so glad that im not the only one. i was just wondering the other day about it. ive just finished my 3rd period after having bubs and i used to use tampons alot without any trouble or even thinking about it, but now it really is extremely uncomfortabe and they fall out, i gave birth by em c section so it didnt even occour to me that i would have any trouble.
i was always told that tampons couldnt fall out, even whan they werent inserted correctly.

i thought i might have just lost the knack of it, but now after reading everyone elses experiences, im not so sure...

Sign in to follow this topic