Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. SINGLE MUM FOR 2 WEEKS, WITH 8 1/2 MONTH OLD TWINS

SINGLE MUM FOR 2 WEEKS, WITH 8 1/2 MONTH OLD TWINS Rss

If there is ayone one else out there who is, or has been in a similar situation, how do you, or did you cope. I've left my partner (who cheated on me when I went away on holidays), and moved in with my mum and dad (who are a great support). My ex-partner is doing the whole sorry thing, and does it every time he see's me (to come and pick Brayden or Hayley up). I'm getting sick of hearing it. I know he's lonely and I feel sorry for him, and i worry about him cause he's not good in handling money ie. if it's there he'll spend it, even if it's put aside for a bill that's due in 3 weeks. Before we split up, we were always arguing, and now that we're not together I feel happier in myself, and I don't think we'll get back together but he does. Anyway, if anyone has been in a similar situation, can you please email me or send a post. I'd like someone to talk to about this, that has been through it, and knows how I feel. email addy natasha_j_ling@hotmail.com

Thanks
Hi,

Well i am not here to share a story, but to say "Good on you", for making the big decision! I am sure it wouldn't have been easy. You do sound very positive in the decision you have made, so i am sure it is the right one!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Natasha,

I don't want to sound mean but........DONT FEEL SORRY FOR HIM.....his not worth. You are probably thinking "what does she know?"

Trust me I KNOW!! I've been separtated for 7 months from my daughters father, and it the best thing thats ever happened to me!! Me and bubs couldn't be better.

One things for sure, i couldn't do it without my Mum.

I went through the whole court thing....what a nightmare.

Don't worry you'll be fine. You'll find someone better.

Mum to Vanessa (April 03)

Hi , My name is Leanda and I know how you feel. Believe it does get better. My husband left when Nicholas was 4 months old, so I know how you feel.It is hard but you are lucky that your parents are ther to help. If you want top talk more you may email me on lpurton@vtown.com.au. talk to you soon

Leanda, Tas, 11mth baby

Tash, r u still there? I just wanted to ask what did eventuate. Did u get back together since March? How r the twins in a single parent relationship? And most importantly how r u feeling and coping?

Please understand that I'm not condoning your ex's actions cos I believe that if u do it once then u'll do it again. I've read the other mum's comments and wonder if they are right for supporting u to leave.

Sorry for so many questions. I'm in a brink of separation due to lack of trust and support from hubby (major in-law problems). I don't want to separate for the wrong reasons as I'm trying really hard to keep my vows. Please don't think that I'm not staying together cos I don't think I'll be able to make it on my own. I know my family will support me (emotionally) and I'm not concerned about income or looking after bubs as I know I can do both. I'm not sure if I have the strength or energy to cope with all this stuff anymore. May be not standing up to his mum is just him. Then do I forgive him for being him?

Sarah, Mikayla's mum. Sydney

Hi Sarah

I know exactly how you feel! My hubby is the same - his parents ask him to jump and all he says is how high! They seem to always come first, even before the boys.

All week all we have done is fight - and it is over stupid things - but at the end of the day most of it stems from something to do with his family. Some days he is great other days I wonder why I am still with him.

I have the same thinking as you - do you forgive and forget for being them, or do you draw the line and say enough is enough!

Let me know how you get on.
Sign in to follow this topic