Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Heavier Periods Rss

Not sure if this is the right area to post this topic!

anyways does anyone have heavier periods since the birth of their baby?

Just wanting to know if this is normal!

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

I do, heavier and more painful! Don't know if it is normal but you are not the only one!

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Me Too!

Same as Kelba.

Bec
Hi all,
After babies no 1 and 2, my periods went back to normal, but after no.3, they are much heavier, and last for longer. I am hoping that now I am no longer breastfeeding, I can go back on the pill and it will calm things down a bit. Good luck.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

mine were heaps light at first and went for ages but now they are really heavy and painful

hey its the right place were else can you ask
no one here has any shame
we are all going through the same thing

DD may 03, DS oct 06

I was the same after the birth of my daughter. Now 13 months later my periods are back to what they were before the baby.
and not to mention they go for longer!

Hi,

My baby was born in October, and I've just recently had my first period. Boy!!!! This was a lot heavier, longer and more painful. Usually they would only last two - three days and be really light. But this time, it stayed for seven - eight days, and was pretty heavy right to the end. I'm hoping that they will return to normal soon!!!!

Rebecca, NZ, Boy born 30/10/03

Hi All,
Just to add to the topic is anyone else finding that tampons don't do what they used to, or is it just me?
Stacey

StaceyW.A Cody(Son)10/7/03Jordyn(Daughter)25/11/04

Since mine are so much heavier then they use to be I have had to go up to the next size!

I know they have changed the shape and stuff a bit

mine went back to normal but when went back onto the pill a differnt one they lsated 4 almost a month

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hello,
After the birth of my son my period went back to normal, but after my daughter I have been bleeding really heavy! Lots of cramping and very irregular bleeding ( sometimes for up to 5 weeks). I have had to go on the pill to regulate it but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

Cristie, SA, boy 18/04/01, girl 22/05/03

Sign in to follow this topic