Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Dangerous Rss

I am new to this site. I have a 6mth old boy. I love him more than anything. I would never want any harm to come to his way. I am sure you share these feelings too. Thats why I was upset to see while driving in my car a mother feeding a bottle to her young baby in the passanger seat while travelling.

It is illegal - there is a good reason for that - its dangerous.

I thought we were now more educated on these dangers.

Renae, VIC

I cant understand either why parents do this.

If you have a car with airbags installed it even states that you do not place a child under the age of 12 in the front seat as when the air bag goes off it can be fatal.

We use to have a sports car that had hardly any back seats and my husband, who loved that car smile, decided that it wasn't safe, and the baby seat didn't fit, so we now have a 4WD. Deffinately helps when you have 2 kids stills in seats.

It makes you wonder why people do this, and not install the car seats correctly, and if bubs needs a feed then pull over.
I cant think of a more stupid mother, even if you're running late the safety of your baby is paramount to anything else and it is totally ilegal to have your baby in the front and car seat companies advise no child under 12 sit in the front and that a child should be in a booster seat until the age of 12 although I dont know how many 12 year olds would sit in one. I am in shock that a mother would do that and I would never have thought a mother in this day and age would be that stupid to do that and it's a shame you did'nt gat her number plate because I would love to hear her explain her actions to the police and other authority figures.
How stupid can this mother be. She must not realise the dangers of it.

I can remember once I was at a bowling alley and there was a lady who had her baby in one of baby carriers (the ones you strap to yourself in the front to carry your baby) and she was bowling. In the end we (league bowlers) went up to the management told them what was happening and they ordered her off the lanes. Now that is stupidity
Unfortunately i am not surprised by that parents dangerous behaviour as we have also witnessed this whilst travelling along a local highway, during our last 3 trips we have seen a car on each occasion with a parent with a child on their lap!! Words cannot describe our reaction upon seeing this and if u point out to these people that what they are doing is dangerous they seem oblivious to the possible danger... what is wrong with these parents.? is it really worth risking your precious childs life like that just for peace and to get there "on time"? Wishing you all save travel...

Kel,nsw, Girl '97 & Girl '02 & Boy '05

I cannot believe these stories! I wouldn't dream of doing anything half as stupid as these woman!

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Interesting Fact: For those of you who don't know they have now made it legal in the UK to fit baby seats to the passenger side of a car because it was found that too many mothers had caused accidents by reaching or turning their heads to babies in the back seat.
i heard worse a mother driving & breast feeding at the same time

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic