Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. what does your baby wear to bed?

what does your baby wear to bed? Lock Rss

Hey all,
recently Kayden has been getting to hot in bed. He is wraped because he wont sleep any other way, so because he is hot i have been putting him to bed in a singlet and nappy. It's freezing at night, and think he should wear something but until he starts to cool down i will have him wear nothing.

What does your baby wear to bed, and are they wraped or not? (might get some suggestions on what to do)

Cheers Leia

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Hi Molly is the opposite. She sleeps in a singlet and a bonds wondersuit as well as a zip up sleeping bag, and also a thick cot blanket on her. Last week she wasn't sleeping very well so I added another blanket now she sleeps all night. So sorry can't be any help. Cheers Nic

We're the same, bonds singlet and wondersuit. I then wrap in a doubled over cot blanket, then I have two cellular blankets and cot blanket tucked over in the cot. We have the heater set at a constant 18 degrees. Mind you, we live in Canberra which is pretty cold over winter.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi there,
My daughter Emily who is 4 months old goes to bed wearing a Bonds wondersuit and wrapped in a bunny rug. During the day if she is ready for a sleep I don't wrap her in anything, I just put her in her bassinette.

Try putting Kayden in a Bonds wondersuit with a bunny rug. If he gets too warm, then don't worry about the bunny rug.

My email address is hoppy@netspace.net.au. Let me know how you go.

Nicole Hopkins

Hello Leia
Olivia is now 4 1/2 months old and unfortunately sleeps in the coldest room in the house. She wears a bonds wondersuit + she's wrapped in a 1.2m x 1.2m muslin wrap. her cot has a thickish blanket and a small knitted throw blankie on top. For about the last 3 months I've kept the heater on VERY low to take the cold edge out of the room. Hope this is helpful
Susantosca

Susan, Sydney, 12/4/05 baby

My 20 week old daughter wears a singlet, bonds wondersuit and a zip up sleep bag. She has a thin sheet and thin blanket up to her chest. She doesn't sleep that well and going by the other posts in this thread, she might sleep better if I put another blanket on!
About the wrapping:
My daughter got out of the habit at 15 weeks of being wrapped. I started by putting her hands to her mouth before wrapping her (I use to put her arms down across her body), then I gradually made the wrap looser so she could get her arms out when she wanted to or wrapping her with just one arm out (as long as it wasn't too cold). Then after wrapping really loosely, I went to wrapping her from her armpits down and left both arms out. Then I went to a sleep bag over the top of her wondersuit to keep her chest and arms warm. Another tip: they'll only adjust to these steps when they're ready. If one small change doesn't work, then wait a bit longer. But try for a couple of days first.

WA, daughters born May 2005 and June 2007

Hi Leia,
Ella wears just a bonds suit (or thinner all-in-one) without singlet, cotton sleeping bag, muslin wrap as she also won't sleep without it and then a light cotton blanket like those in the hospital.

She also gets quite hot although not wet and I worry about her a lot because I have this condition called hyperhidrosis where I sweat excessively on my hands and feet. Basically my body can't regulate temp properly and my mum also has it, so of course i always panic about Ella having it too... During the day her hands and feet get quite sweaty but i've just been hoping that it's normal 'baby sweatiness' - how much do babies normally sweat anyway? And how long does it last? Ella's already 8mths ...

I've been trying the gradual loosening of the wrap for 4mths now and it's not working. She doesn't show any sign of losing the wrap, so i don't know how i'm going to deal with summer ...

What state are u in? I'm in Syd.
Cheers.

Sherri, mum to Ella Bella Baby Bear ~ 21.01.05

Hey, I posted a comment that said my baby might sleep better if I put another blanket on her (after reading other people's posts) and she did! She even slept thru the night for the first time! Yay!

WA, daughters born May 2005 and June 2007

Sign in to follow this topic