Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Our bath dilema!! Rss

Hi everyone,
Jackson is 11 months old and has always been above average in length and weight. We only have a shower so we have been bathing him in the baby bath untill lately Ive been taking him for showers which can be a bit awkward by yourself! He is getting too big for the bath. Has anyone heard of getting extra large baby baths? Our shower is big enough to fit an elephant! We so cant afford to redo our bathroom to install a bath. Im also worried about how long I can shower him for, as Im trying to get pregnant again and cant imagine doing that when Im bigger. I know when he is bigger he can just stand in the shower, like I do for my 3 yr old nephew sometimes. He is just pulling himself to standing the past few days. I feel he will miss out on bath time fun with toys.
Does anyone have any ideas for us? I would appreciate any.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hi Michelle,
just a thought, have you tried the shops that sell all the plastic storage stuff. There may be a tub large enough for Jackson to fit into and enjoy bath time. I'm not sure if there are any where u live but here we have Plastics Unlimited which sell all sorts of containers in different shapes/sizes.
good luck

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

Hi there is it possible to put the plug in the shower bottom and fill it up with water so he can sit in it with some toys. We did this for my daughter when we went on holiday as there was also no bath.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi. If you can't stop the shower drain and liet the shower fill up then how about your laundry tub? Is that big enough for him to sit in with a few bath toys and splash? Or if you have a big plastic container eg that you keep camping stuff or toys or anything in.
Good luck!

Gail, NT, Elia 16/05/03, Hamish 23/11/05

Hi,

If he is holding himself up you could try standing him in a plastic bucket or bin. My sister did this when my niece started pulling herself up in the bath.

Good luck

Danielle

Danielle, 28, Vic, 1st son born 2/6/03

Hi me again just had a thought, maybe you could buy a small blow up paddling pool and put it in the shower as you said your shower was pretty big.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi Michelle,
Corey is 10months and sometimes what we do in the shower. Is put a washer/toewl over the plug & let it fill up, throw all his bath toys in there. He loves it.
So he can have a bath & I get to have a shower.

Michelle, mum to Corey 14/3/03 - Bankstown

Hi Michelle,
Have you seen those double sea shells? You usually use them as a pool or sandpit with a lid. You said your shower was really big, so maybe you could cut the lid of one of these and use it in the shower as a bath. Then just tip the water out when finished. It could also double as a pool for summer, and the other half could still be used as a sand pit or outdoor play area. If you don't want the added expense of that, maybe you could try the laundry tub, although they are a little small to play in. Hope this gives you some ideas anyway.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Thankyou to everyone who took time to reply.
Yesterday I put down a towel in the shower. Not to fill it up but so he wouldnt slip and side over the tiles. I gave him heaps of toys and I was able to shower aswell. It was actually easier to wash him like this. And I didnt have to worry about him being slippery and slipping out of my arms.
I aslo want to get him a clam for his 1st birthday so maybe I can put that in the bath. I feel better about all these ideas, I did have them but now knowing other people would do them also is reassuring.
He does have a splash pool and we have a outside pool aswell so I spose he isnt missing out while its summer.
Thanx again! Michelle.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Sign in to follow this topic