Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

nasal congestion Rss

How do I help my baby breath while he is feeding. He fights me when it is his feed time because he doesn't seem to be able to breath. He is 3 months old

mylan, Qld, Gold Coast

Hi Mylan, I don't know if this will help you or not but I had similar problems with my little boy. Although I don't think congestion was the problem it was my large chest that was!! Basically I was nearly suffocating him because of my size. I changed him to the twin style of feeding (his legs out under your arms) until he ws a bit older and that did the trick! Good Luck
I was recommended to squirt a bit of saline solution up each nostril before the feed. This seemed to help. Perhaps you could try rubbing a little bit of eaucalyptus oil on your breast or a tissue and let your baby inhale that at the same time as feeding. Good luck.

roy,mumof2,nsw

If the nasal congestion is due to stuffiness and not being blocked by the breast, try squirting a bit of breast milk up the nostrils. This really helps to clear the nose, it also helps sticky eye. You need a pretty good aim though.

Tammy, mum of twins, Madeline & Patrick

Hi

I have found my Vicks Vaporizer a life saver after my 5 month has just go over bronchiolitis. I have found the Eu-clear inhalant oil better than the TAAV oil it is stronger and has more in it.

Lee,QLD,18/12/02 baby girl 26/09/05 baby boy

try a squirt of fess up each nostril b4 feeding

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic