Huggies Forum

DRINKINGWATER Lock Rss

Bec,

Actually, Talana slept wonderfully last night, since i gave her formula for the first time she slept all the way through to the next feed.
I just couldn't get to sleep last night!
I knew it would happen! The first night Talana sleeps well and i'm up untill 6:30am!

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Larnie,

Thanks for your reply! I am going to try to give her water today as it is so hot here!
If you ever want to chat my e-mail is leanne_williams_1983@hotmail.com/ it is also my msn.

If anyone else is interested in chatting, feel free to contact me too!!!

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Hey Sam,

I am as much in the dark as you about getting them to drink water and how much as Im not sure if you noticed but I was the one who started this topic. Paige is still only having about 30 mls a day and will still only take it by the spoon. As per someone elses advice I give it to her after every solid feed but you are probably not at that stage yet.

Cherie

Cherie, Melbourne, 6 month baby girl 06/03.

hi cherie,
My health nurse told me 10-15mls is adequate as a drink after meals. I use avent bottles that can be adapted to use a spout and also add handles. they have a soft spout to start with and then you can use the hard one when they are used to it. I would put the soft spout into bubs mouth and tip it up to let a small amount of water drip into her mouth and then repeat this several times. I did this after every meal & also showed her how to hold the handles.

I always leave her in the high chair whilst giving her water and just recently as I was giving her a drink, she took the bottle from me tipped it up and drank on her own - just the best to look at. Unfortunately she tips more water onto herself than what she drinks, but I don't mind cause she's learnt to drink on her own, as she gets better at drinking I will probably add a little more water.
Hope this helps a little

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

Hi All,
If you are worried about your baby spilling water everywhere, try the Heinze non spill cups. They have a small one that holds about 120mls and is for babies from 4 months of age, and a larger one that holds 280mls for babies from 9 months of age. My almost 9 month old son has been drinking water or juice out the smaller one since he was 4 months old, and now drinks his milk out the larger one. They have a special non spill lid which is great as nothing comes out when tipped upside down or shaken. And as they still have to suck to get the fluid out, it is suitable for any age. My son went straight from the breast to these cups and has never had a bottle. They are a little pricy (about $8 for the smaller one, and $13 for the larger one), but are well worth the money, and last well. I highly recommend them.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Cherie

My 6mth old son doesn't seem really interested in drinking water either, so with the hot weather lately, it's been a struggle. I found a medicine dispenser 'dummy' works - I got it at Target for $6.35. It is a medicine cup (that holds 10mls) and has a dummy/teat that screws on. I have used it more for water and juice than medicine, and will often give it to him before a feed - when he is good and hungry. I find that he usually drinks it and finishes the feed as well. Even though it only holds ten mls, it is better than nothing....
The only way my son will drink water is to add one scoop of his formula to 150mls of water. That way it tastes like his formula and hes none the wiser.
Sign in to follow this topic