Huggies Forum

DRINKINGWATER Lock Rss

Hi Cherie, Wow what a mission it is to get them drinking water. My little boy Cody is also six months and turned his nose up at water until I started to add a small amount of his formula to it. I also started letting him have a drink out of a cup I always drink my water out of, the novelty of it had him fooled in no time. I also found with Cody that if he was thirsty enough he would drink it. Ithink it is just another one of those things we must persist with.
Hope one of these work for you and bub

Stacey

StaceyW.A Cody(Son)10/7/03Jordyn(Daughter)25/11/04

Hi Louise,

Thanks heaps for your advice. By the sounds of it, everyone seems to have the same problem at an earlier stage. I have still persisted and have kept up with giving it to Paige on a spoon for now. I also keep giving her the cup to drink out of which mummy also drinks out of but she just tries to put her fingers in it...........ha ha.......so cute.

I am on a mission and will not give up and hopefully I too will be saying Paige drinks five cups a day. Wow what a healthy bubby you have, I wish I too could drink that much water........yukko.......shhhhh dont tell the babies.

Thanks again
Cherie

Cherie, Melbourne, 6 month baby girl 06/03.

Hey Stacey,

The things us mothers have to do but we do it because we just love our little bubbies to bits. I will not give up Stacey, I am taking everyones advice on board and trying it all. I know I can do it and I know little Paige will be drinking more water than her mummy has ever drank.

Thanks for your advice.
Cherie

Hi mums,

I have a 4mth old baby boy who is a good feeder (has 6-7 bottles every 24hrs), but is not yet on solids. He drinks all his bottles with no fuss. However, when it is really hot like it has been lately do I need to offer him any water? Also, do you mums offer boiled water, or do you buy bottled water to give to your bubs?

I am a first time mum so I hope these questions aren't too silly.

Regards,
Sam

Mum to toddler

Hello Sam,

I have always just boiled my water but the child health care nurse told me that I do not need to do it now that Paige is six months because Melbourne water is apparently so good.

I have also heard that formula is classified as a food not fluids so when it is hot, I think it is very important to get bubs to drink some water. I dont think you have to do this when you are breastfeeding as you only offer another feed for the baby when it is hot.

Good luck with getting bubs to drink the water, I am still struggling but little by little I am sure she will get use to it.

Cherie

Hi Cherie,

Thank you so much for responding. How much water do you think I should offer my 4mth old baby? What if I offer him some water and he doesn't drink it, any suggestions?

Sam

Mum to toddler

I personally would stick with just water, it is free, better for their teeth and they won't be demanding it with juice later on. Stick with water as their main drink. It will be worth it in the long run.

Tanya,QLD, 5yr, 3yr, 6mth

Hi Tanya,

How much water shall I offer my 4 and a half month old? I will be offering him boiled water, hopefully he will drink it.

Thanks
Sam

Mum to toddler

Hi Sam,
If you are breastfeeding, it is best to give extra feeds instead of water, but if you are bottle feeding, then water is the way to go. Either way, if you want to offer your baby water, give it to him between feeds, and as much as he wants to drink. He will only drink as much as he wants, but don't be disheartened if he doesn't drink it. At his age, they don't often drink much more then their milk. Keep trying.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi,
At what age do you start to give your babies water?
I was told that if breastfeeding it isnt necessary to give babies water, just offer them the breast more often.
I have recentley had to change to formula because my breastmilk isn't enough for my baby anymore (She is one month - today!) and because of the hot weather i am wondering if i should start to give her water as well, or is she too young?

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Leanne

I know tjis might be a strange question but.............
Just interested what u are doing up at this time.Are u feeding your baby?

Bec
Hi leanne,

I also had to change to formula when my baby boy was one month old for the same reason. My breast milk just wasn't enough for him he just wasn't putting on any weight and always seemed to be hungry no matter how many times a day i would feed him. I was giving my son water even when i was breastfeeding him. He is now almost 6 months old (on the 15th) and he is on solids and still has a small bottle of boiled water between all of his feeds.

Larnie

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

Sign in to follow this topic