Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Presents!!! Rss

Hi everyone,
Its my sons 1st bithday in Feb and since Christmas is here I was wondering If you could share some 1 year olds presents that you thought were great. I would like to get him the stride to ride walker. Because he isnt at walking stage yet.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Fisher Price Little People are wonderful!!! Something that can grow with him and be added to. My daughter is 14 months old (also not quite walking yet) and she now has the School Bus which she loves to push around and move the people in and out. There are many different sets available including Farm, Dolls House, Railway, Garage and many small things that you can add on to these.
Does he have a swing? Either the Fisher Price Lift and Lock swing or, if you have the space, a swing set is wonderful. Flip out sofas or camping chairs, lawnmower, sandpit, Xylophone, Ride on Car (some are also walkers), Peek-a-Blocks etc. are other ideas. There is so much to choose from, have fun.

Broni.

Lucy's Mum

Hi Michelle,
I don't know what you have already got your son for xmas, but here are a few ideas. As he will be walking soon, you could a trike-the ones without pedals, or a block trolley. My 1st son loved his block trolley, and by pushing it, it helped him learn to walk. Fisher and Price have an activity centre that is great too. It has activities on one side, then flip it over and you have a table with blocks (blocks are also included) This is about $70.00 from shops like Big W, K Mart and Target, but it will last them for years. I brought one of these for my 8 month old son and he loves it. My sister-in-law brought one for her son last xmas, and he is still using it now at 21 months. Toys were you have to put the shapes in the correct holes are also great at this age as it is good for their fine motor skills. Have a look in your local shopping centre at the toy section, there are heaps of great educational, but fun toys around now. Good luck, and happy shopping.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Michelle,
My baby girl is 7 1/2 months old & we bought her the Stride to Ride walker for Christmas. She isn't yet walking but loves standing supported & had an enormous smile on her face Christmas day when she held onto the walker. My girlfriend who has a 12 month old recommended it to me. She said that they had been given similar things but they didn't compare to the sturdiness of the Stride to ride (it isn't inclined to tip over).
Best wishes,
anniesmum
Thankyou everyone for your ideas. Looks like he is getting spoiled this Feb. I cant wait!!!

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Sign in to follow this topic