Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Teeth Grinding!!! Rss

My 10 month old boy has just had his top teeth come through, but now he keeps grinding his teeth! It is horrible. Has anyone got any ideas how to stop him doing this? I do give him teething rings.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

try to avert his attention away onto something else as he starts doing it .. i think its just something that bubs go through. its new and exciting to them (yuk yuk yuk for us.....lol).. my now 12 month old did this for 2 months on and off... enjoy this stage!...lol... it won't last forever!
kelly

Kel,nsw, Girl '97 & Girl '02 & Boy '05

Thanks Kel, but did it ruin your babys teeth?

Michelle,
I had the smae problem with my daughter a few weeks ago (she's now 11 months) and posted a message just like you. I was advised that they only do it for awhile and Madison is no longer doing it. But god it was an awful sound. I used to put the dummy in her mouth to stop her!
Kirstie
Hi Everyone!
Thankyou for your replies, I spoke to my child health nurse and she just said to give him something to chew straight away. (I do that ).
Otherwise it will ruin his enamel on his teeth.
I hope he stops this soon!

her teeth are fine!.....(phew)......she has stopped now she is 1... smile

Kel,nsw, Girl '97 & Girl '02 & Boy '05

hi, i have a 3 year old is still grinding her teeth, the doctor said that it is nothing to worry about. I hope that she grows out of it soon because it sound terrible. her teeth are fine. bye.
Hi everyone, Luckily Jack hasnt been grinding his teeth lately. Hopefully its the end of it. Instead he is now chewing his cot rail and the paint is coming off!! Luckily it is non-toxic paint. There is always something!

hi everyone.
The very next day after reading this post and me thinking I didn't have to worry about that as my girl has never done it. She started!!!! I think she must've read it too and thought it sounded good. It's driving me nuts. The sound just grates through your body.
Oh well, have fun

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

Hi Lisa, Jack has been really good untill today. He started again! While I was feeding him yoghurt for lunch. He started to bite the spoon, and then started to grind his teeth. I gave him a rusk and that seemed to help.

Sign in to follow this topic