Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Nappy rash Rss

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone's baby has experienced really bad nappy rash. My little girl never used to suffer from this cause i always put proper cream but recently she developed a sudden rash that caused abit of bleeding. I don't think it hurt that much cause she never cried, i still put cream on all the time i use something called Sudocream but i'm told pawpaw cream is good too...i really want it undercontrol before the weather gets hot and unbearable....any suggests would be appreciated.

thanks
Lora NSW

LB,NSW

Hi Lora my mum used corn flour on me as a baby and I used it on my son and its great. You just use the plain old boring one from your kitchen cupboard. Pawpaw cream is also very good as is Daktozin ointment you get from the chemist. Nappy off time is also very good. I hope this is of some help.
hi lora,

i found canesten worked wonders with my little boy.. cleared it up quite quickly.. you can get it from a chemist just over the counter.. not sure of the cost though..

hope it helps.. good luck

Mel, Briz, 3 children

Hi Lora,

I find that as soon as my daughter is getting red at all, i stop using wipes and use cotton wool and water instead. This usually helps clear it up.

Also i find curash powder to be great!! Some find it too drying, but it has always worked well for me!!

Goodluck,
Tepe smile

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Lora,
Ella hasn't ever had much nappy rash, but I use pawpaw cream on any dry skin spots and it works better than anything else, so give it a try instead of the Sudocream as it's suppose to be really good ontiment.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Hello Lora

My son had really bad nappy rash when he was younger. I had antibiotics and it really set it off.

We used Hydrozole, Canastin, Betadine and sometimes Rosehip oil(all from the chemist). Now we only use curash zinc cream.

If it is really bad maybe see your Doctor
Hi Lora

Just wondering if u use cloth or disposable nappies. My sister found out that her son had alot of acid in his urine. And it was that bad it would bleed. The doctor told her to switch to disposables. Whatever it was in the urine was staying in the cloth nappies even after they had been washed. When she did switch him to disposable the rash cleared up. He still suffered a bit of nappy rash but it was no near as bad as it was. If u are really concerned about it see your doctor because it could be something causing it.
Good Luck

Linda, NSW, mum of Olivia (b) 03.01.03

I've found that zinc and castor oil cream is the best but if none of the normal nappy creams are working then the rash could be caused by thrush in which case canasten or clonea should do the trick.

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

My daughter when she was about six weeks old got a really bad rash that bleed I found out from the doctor that she had thrush, its was on her bottom and I ended up with it on my nipples because she had it in her mouth as well, if no creams are working check if its thrush, hope this helps!

Karen,NZ, 5 yr old girl & 2 yr old boy

Sign in to follow this topic