Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. vaporisers for bubs room

vaporisers for bubs room Lock Rss

Olivia (7 1/2 mths) has her 1st cold and the clinic sister sugested using a vaporiser for her room to help her breeth easier. Does anyone use one that they can recommend. Would be greatful for any other ideas to help Olivia sleep with her cold. thanks Anna
Hi,

My 5 1/2 month old daughter has just gotten over a cold and I bought her a vaporiser which has been great. The brand is TAAV and I purchased it from a chemist for approx. $49.00. It comes with the oil and cleaning tablets and I thought it helped her heaps.

The only other brand that I know is also good is Eukky Bear (my chemist didn't have this in stock therefore I couldn't purchase it) which I think retails for approx. $60.00.

Hope your little girl gets better.

Mum & Baby Girl 31.05.04

My doctor used to recommend feeding bub in the bathroom with the shower running full ball on hot water, as an alternative to a vapouriser is you were unable to get your hands on one smile

Sharon, 24, Qld, 2 boys 3 & 5, girl 1.

Hi learning mum, thanks for your imput. we had another trip to the DR and Olivia has a middle ear infection! So a dose of antibiotics for her. We also bough the TAAV vaporiser and last night we all slept well!
Thanks Anna
Hi Anna,

Sorry to hear that Olivia has an ear infection, the poor little thing!! Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and she will start to feel better.

Glad to hear the vaporiser was of help last night, I think they are a great thing for when our bub has a cold, helps her to breathe a little easier.

Take Care and hope Olivia is feeling better soon.

Mum & Baby Girl 31.05.04

Hi anna
My son had his first ear infection at 7 weeks old. It was caused by some left over stuff from his birth that had gotten stuck, and seen as they tell you not to stick anything in there its hard to stop them.
A dose of antibiotics and he was fine, but then he had another one at about 4 months old which took two doses of anti biotics to clear. When I asked about vaporises I was told not to use them but to try like one other mum siggested just sitting in the bathroom in the steam for a little while. We also couldn't find any vaporisers to buy in our local area.

Just perservere with everything
Best of luck
Meredith x o x o

Mum to Declan born 30.03.04

Hi Meredith, thanks for your input. Olivia is back to normal ! Thank goodness, it was a rough couple of days for the whole household, but she is back into her routine and eating again, The antibiotics seemed to do the trick.

Hope you are having a great day

Anna
Sign in to follow this topic