Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. another plane question..HELP

another plane question..HELP Lock Rss

Hi, I need some more advice from you about my 9 month old son and our soon to happen trip from Syd. to Adelaide.

MY son is in a fantastic routine for once and he normally wakes up at 7.15am and then goes back to bed at 10.30am...
Our plane leaves Sydney at 6.55am and gets to Adelaide at 8.30am....when we leave he is noramlly fast asleep and when we get there he is normally has just finsihed his breakfast... Adelaide has a 1/2 hour time difference though so when we get there it will be 30 mins earlier..

This same dilemma will happen coming home also with the plane leaving at 6am though...

Please help...my son loves his routine and has never really been changed...any advice would be great.
Cheers Em.

Mum to Jai and Chase!

My daughter has been on a few plane trips (she had been to 7 countries by the time she was 7 months old) - including a wonderful 24 hours from England to Aus. I would suggest when you get him up to take him to the airport, try to keep him asleep into his car seat and then when you get to the airport put him in his stroller and work hard to keep him asleep. Not sure when flying in Aus. but in Europe you are allowed to keep your stroller until you board the plane so it makes it really easy. Take heaps of food on board with you, especially finger food as this helps to settle them down. As for toys just take his favourites and some that he hasn't seen for a while which will be like new again. I asked for a spare seat between my husband and I when we flew and a fair few times we got it. The time does pass quickly and take all offers of help!!!

Cymantha, NSW, DD 20/12/2003

Hi Em,

Luke and I are going to QLD next Saturday and I tried to book at flight when he has his feed but his routine is a bit out of whack anyway. However the past 4 days he's woken at 6.30am then gone back to sleep and woken at 10am or so.
Therefore my 11am flight is a bit of a problem now. Leave 11 and arrive 11.25 (1 1/2 hours later). So he'll go to bed earlier but wake earlier.

QLD is 1 hour different in time so it's going to take a bit of shuffling. I'm just going to go with the flow and hopefully he'll settle into QLD time quickly. We are going for 11 days and I'm sure when we get back it'll be an issue moreso because I lose an hour on arrival in Sydney.

I don't have any suggestions for you, your little one's in a routine whereas Luke is all over the place at the moment.

I am just going to expect the unexpected.

Joanne.
Sign in to follow this topic