Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Annoying pram, when should I use a stroller ?

Annoying pram, when should I use a stroller ? Lock Rss

My pram is starting to annoy me. I think I made a mistake with the choice. I always have to squeeze it in and out of the car boot. I didnt think of this when I bought it.

I will probably end up breaking the wheels off it one of these days. Im a petite person and wish that I had bought a much smaller pram.. The one I have at the moment is steelcraft & weighs about 9.5kg. I am thinking of getting a stoller (just like a cheap one in target). When is it best to start using a stroller and are they convenient ??

Melinda

8 month old

I think most strollers are only recommended for 6mths up. smile

Mumma to DD1 Jan 04 and DD2 Mar 06

Yes I am beginning to think that a stroller woudl have been a better idea too!...far more practical!...

Heléna

Liam Evan, 2

You can get light weight ones which recline slightly, probably more suitable for 4mths up. The ones from target are only good when the baby can sit up properly by themselves and very difficult for baby to fall asleep.

Thomas (10/12/01), Kane (22/06/04)

Hi Mel, you sound just like me.

When we lost one of our twins I returned the twin pram and bought a Steelcraft pram with the 4 swivel wheels and reversable handle. It looked great, sturdy etc but after using it I found the wheels were a big problem over uneven ground and it wouldn't steer straight.
We have a big car and found it only just fitted in the boot with a little help.

I also returned some cot sets last week and bought Luke a new stroller. It's by Childcare and believe me I tested it for about 1/2 hour in the shop. I put it up and down a few times, lifted it.
The good thing about this stroller is that it has 2 backrest positions and folds like an umbrella stroller. This stroller is new on the market by Childcare, it's the latest model. (Check out BabyCo) Most umbrella strollers have only one backrest position. And most of all it's easy to manourve not like the Steelcraft pram.

Luke is not quite 6 months but can sit up and with the harness it isn't a prob. If your bub is able to sit up ok and doesn't need to lay right back this is a good option.

Cheers and hope this helps.
Joanne.
Strollers are recommended for whena baby is cometent in sitting smile

You can get layback ones for when needing longer periods of use as its unconftable for bubs to sleep sitting up smile

Sharon, 24, Qld, 2 boys 3 & 5, girl 1.

I have a babylove Sheridan stroller. It reclines....looks exactly like a basic steelcraft pram and folds the same but a miniture version. It was about $90 from Kmart. I have a massive 4wd pram which barely fits in the boot of my car....but I love it for out walking.
Hi Donna

And is it really light weight ???

8 month old

Its very light.....almost too easy lol. Life is too easy now. It also has a removable tray for food and drink and also a parents drink tray. Very convenient.
Just found the info....it weighs 5 kg
wow!, that is so light!...smile
that's wonderful!...

Heléna

Liam Evan, 2

The umbrella fold strollers are prob lighter, but I like the way this one reclines, there's the shopping basket in the bottom and it has a decent canopy on it too. HIghly reccommend it.
Sign in to follow this topic