Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Moving house with bub-any suggestions

Moving house with bub-any suggestions Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

We are moving in a week with our 8 month old boy it is only 5 minutes away but the move itself, i'm sure will be disruptive & unsettling. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on a smooth move without unsettling him too much.

Thankyou

Kylie, NSW mum to Jamie 9/2/04 + Grace 1/2/07

Hi, I'm going to be moving house 5 mins away soon with a 5 1/2 month old and my plan is to pack up what I can and leave the essential things like clothing, nappies, wipes etc and move his stuff in one go.

Once all the main items have been shifted to the new house then I'll move Lukes stuff and set it up straight away so he can have a sleep if needed.
During the set up of his room I'll just put him in a playpen to play.

I also intend for hubby to watch him at the new house while I clean the old one.

Other than that I'm going to have to play it by ear.
Hi
We moved house 3 months ago and like you it was only 5 minutes away. At the time our son was 11 months.
The only advice I can give is to try and make the move over a couple of days, that way you can get your new house set up before you actually move in. That way bubby won't be too unsettled.
Another alternative is to ask a relative to watch him while you move.
Try and get as many people as you can to help with the move cause it can be very tiring.
Goodluck
Cheers,
Hi Kylie
I too are moving in a week but I have done it before with bub so it might be a bit easier second time round. All we did was move over a couple of days in the arvos (my fiance works 6 days a week)Moved first the things that we wouldnt need and so on untill the last day we only had our fridge and beds you know the essentials. For the first 3 nights I had my bub in our room but put him in his room during the day to get use to it, I never had a problem with him settling. When moving I always made sure he was feed and had all his toys and spare bottles and food on hand if I needed it! I hope your move goes smoothly for you its a very daunting time,
good luck,
mel

Mummy to 3 Boys

Thankyou everyone for your responses. I'm glad to know i'm not the only crazy one moving!
I would usually ask the in-laws to mind him but they are helping us also. We'll get there.

Thanks again.
Kylie

Kylie, NSW mum to Jamie 9/2/04 + Grace 1/2/07

Sign in to follow this topic