Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Bath time no longer fun :(

Bath time no longer fun :( Lock Rss

My 10 week old has really enjoyed her baths - smiling and splashing around - until 3 days ago. Now when I bath her she is ok for the first two or three minutes then she just starts crying and won't stop! I've checked the bath temp which was fine, checked her bath seat isn't scratching her, and I'm not doing anything differently than before?! Any suggestions? Thanks!
Instead of the bath seat, fill the bath the way you usually would and hold her head and let her body float. My dd hated bath time till I did this!!
Claire_Drewett wrote:
Instead of the bath seat, fill the bath the way you usually would and hold her head and let her body float. My dd hated bath time till I did this!!

+1 My bubs both loved this and we never used a bath seat.

Rosie Mumma wrote:
Try changing the time you bath her at. I remember trying to do the whole bath, massage, quiet time, bed with DD and she used to scream! She preferred having a bath in the morning.

This makes me laugh!!! I remember with DS I had read the book and it talked about bath and massage before bed, and I had imagined how lovely and relaxing it would be for him but all DS did was scream when I tried to do it in the evenings smile

I would try without the bath seat.

Tickled*pink wrote:
All of my kids have gone through this. It was just a phase for them- so fingers crossed bubs calms down again soon.

Most of mine did too!

Thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate your help!
it was the same with my boys they didn't like the seat, the whole holding them thing or the sponge bath thing, so I filled the bath up till it was about my thumb deep and folded up a face cloth place them in the bath with their head on the cloth and let them splash away and they loved it.
Sign in to follow this topic