Huggies Forum

Nappies Lock Rss

Reusables are cheaper in the long run but after using them for 6 months with ds I have came to the conclusion that they are more of a hassle than there worth (in my opinion).

Use treasures in the day and huggies for overnight smile.

Only two brands I stick with brought a pack of bio genie nappies once as they looked good and they were horrible and leaked really bad.

Used huggies only for the first year but they got so expensive and found treasures just as good but huggies allow a bit more fluid for nights smile.

I use huggies unscented wipes to go with there nice and thick and wet and never caused a reaction.

Curious One & The Curious Two wrote:
Skubala wrote:
I go through a box of Huggies every week and at $33 a box, the cost adds up!
how do you manage that? a box lasts me 3 in any brand

Same haha between 2 and 3 weeks.

Agree with possum and joey ds got slight rashes with the reusables as he would get drenched clothes and all.
Everytime he peed so I gave up I even got to the point of using 3 microfiber inserts and they where still getting drenched less than a hour on.

Curious One & The Curious Two wrote:
Skubala wrote:
I go through a box of Huggies every week and at $33 a box, the cost adds up!
how do you manage that? a box lasts me 3 in any brand

I have to change DD every 2 - 3 hours because she has very sensitive skin and when she gets rashes often gets bacterial and fungal infections in her nappy area. And now that she's 2 and in bigger nappies, there is only about 60ish in the box... so I suppose it's more like a box every 1 - 1.5 weeks, either way.. it's a lot!

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Yeah there is no way she would have been toilet trained by then. I went back to work at 9 months too, and most daycares won't really initiate toilet training until they are toddlers. She's going up a new nappy size soon too and there are even less in that box!

Slightly off topic here but thought it may help as some of the comments on here are around nappy rash and it being made worse by using one or the other type nappies.
In my experience it seems to be when I use baby wipes that DS gets nappy rash, we usually use muslin to wipe up, and then rinse and wash it like you would with nappy liners and it has worked really well.
We mainly use cheap as nappies and huggies or treasures over night, but it seems to be when we have been out for the day and using baby wipes that DS will get the start of nappy rash.

wageha wrote:
Slightly off topic here but thought it may help as some of the comments on here are around nappy rash and it being made worse by using one or the other type nappies.
In my experience it seems to be when I use baby wipes that DS gets nappy rash, we usually use muslin to wipe up, and then rinse and wash it like you would with nappy liners and it has worked really well.
We mainly use cheap as nappies and huggies or treasures over night, but it seems to be when we have been out for the day and using baby wipes that DS will get the start of nappy rash.

This is very true, there is also some cotton wadding stuff you can buy from coles that is good. There was however one cheap brand of nappies that really did disagree with my poor girl's little bottom

wageha wrote:

Not off topic as this is one of my main concerns about what nappy to use - I was thinking of face cloths and water instead of baby wipes as I have sensitive skin and was thinking this might be best for bub? So its good to know that its just not nappies!! smile

I think the more I read on here the more its going to be just trial one brand over the next and see what works for us.

THANK YOU ALL!! smile smile

¸¸.•*¨*•*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

MamaMum wrote:
I recommend staring with disposables.

Disposables for the first few weeks would mean you have more time to sleep and eat smile and less nappy changes. As a disposable can last all night if not pooed in.

After a few weeks or months if you feel confident to use MCNs then I would try them out.

+1

I started using MCNs with DS when he was about 4 or 5 months old, the timing was just perfect.
honeyspider wrote:

After a few weeks or months if you feel confident to use MCNs then I would try them out.

I started using MCNs with DS when he was about 4 or 5 months old, the timing was just perfect.

quote post="3460552" .

Thank you - that is probably what we will try and do!!

This all has been very useful and it just goes to show there is no right or wrong way - it is just a matter of trying and see what fits for your own baby. Everyone's advice has been very useful. THANK YOU grin

¸¸.•*¨*•*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

I think that's the best idea to use Disposable nappies for baby at starting but now a day reusable nappies are available in the market that's the more perfect and an environmentally friendly option for families choosing a healthy lifestyle smile
It is expected that each child will have 6500 Nappy changes from birth to potty training (estimated over 3 years). Why not choose a sustainable approach that not only have a positive impact on the environment but your wallet too. so, reusable nappies for baby is the best idea. smile
Li'l Daks wrote:
I think that's the best idea to use Disposable nappies for baby at starting but now a day reusable nappies are available in the market that's the more perfect and an environmentally friendly option for families choosing a healthy lifestyle smile
It is expected that each child will have 6500 Nappy changes from birth to potty training (estimated over 3 years). Why not choose a sustainable approach that not only have a positive impact on the environment but your wallet too. so, reusable nappies for baby is the best idea. smile

There are many cloth nappies on the market these days. New brands are popping up all the time. I have found a great way to bypass all the hype. A podcast on nappies called Nappy Leaks. It is hosted by two girls with over 14 years of experience each. You can find it at https://www.bubblebubs.com.au/blog/category/pod...
They even talk about how good Terry Flats are, and the best modern cloth nappies to use.
Sign in to follow this topic