Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Does your baby monitor pick up other signals??

Does your baby monitor pick up other signals?? Lock Rss

This morning when i got up i forgot to turn the baby monitor off in the lounge room, and weirdly it was picking up another signal, i could hear a baby babbling on and a mum talking, didnt think it was possible lol

Anyone elses baby monitor picked up another signal??
We live on a hill and must be in the line of one of the talkback radio stations. about once a week we pick up the radio. While the elections were on I would have to fall asleep listening to Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott. LOL I hate politics!! Our nearest neighbour is 1.5kms away and as far as I know they dont have any babies so dont get other babies monitors but have heard of other people picking up monitors. Good way to find out the neighbourhood gossip!! lol
Mine picks up the local Chicken Treat drive through! blink
yep ours does/did, we only used it for a few days, biggest waste of money we spent sad its weird the stuff u hear though:P
Yeah ours used to get the next-door neighbours monitor sometimes. Which was kinda amusing when they were fighting lol, but not so much when you realised in the middle of the night that it wasn't YOUR baby you could hear, and hoping you hadn't slept through your own! Although it came in handy a few times too, if she had to go pick up her DD & their DS was asleep, she would call out to me & I'd turn my monitor on & "baby-sit" lol. (The houses were close together, so me being in my lounge room was no further away from the bub than if I'd been in her kitchen.)
i didn't think it would be that common these days - how funny about the chicken treat drive thru lol must be annoying though.

i don't get other people's on mine but often wonder if other people pick up ours because most houses around us have young babies. i always feel like i have to watch what i say when i am in DS2's room lol although it is on 24 hours a day and picks up noise really easily so if anyone can hear us it must be really annoying!!!

This morning when i got up i forgot to turn the baby monitor off in the lounge room, and weirdly it was picking up another signal, i could hear a baby babbling on and a mum talking, didnt think it was possible lol

Anyone elses baby monitor picked up another signal??

Yep and others will be able to pick up yours too.
Mine doesn't and is secure (as they can be, paid for it because of the following and to eliminate random interference which can plague some monitors) but when DS1 was a baby we lived in Units and there were 4 others with monitors who randomly heard each other fight etc and could hear the garage door opening on some days.
In my experience, this did not happen. My baby monitor is very well protected from hacking, just because of the application on my phone, I only get a signal from my baby monitor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9C1PJO?pf...
Sign in to follow this topic