Huggies Forum

Cot bumper V Air Wrap Lock Rss

Hi,
What did you use? Is anything nessacary?
I've always had a portacot, but now have a cot for my soon to be born, but what should I use?
thanks for your help.
From what I understand you should never use bumpers. I bought an air wrap as my sons legs kept getting stuck between the rungs and he'd then twist in his sleep and almost break a leg. The air wrap still lets air circulate unlike a bumper and I think that is the issue for the professionals - that there is little air circulating with a bumper.
The air wrap worked a treat for me.
I have never used either, never needed to, however like the PP said I would use an airwrap if my DS was getting stuck in the rails all the time. SIDS says not to use a bumper and nothing at all if possible
We didn't need anything for DD1, but DD2 was such a wriggler, she'd have limbs protruding from every angle!
I'd say wait and see what bubs is like. You don't HAVE to have anything if bubs is a still sleeper IYKWIM? If they aren't getting hurt, it's not needed. We bought an air wrap for DD2 as they are def safer. Only just sold it to! It worked great.

Hi,
What did you use? Is anything nessacary?
I've always had a portacot, but now have a cot for my soon to be born, but what should I use?
thanks for your help.

I would never use a cot bumper but used the air wrap for DD and DS. It's great until they get to the age of pulling it off lol
Its easy for people to say they will never use a cot bumper. At about 8 months we had to get one. N is a very restless sleeper and would continually hit the side of his cot waking up screaming numerous times a night. WHat was I supposed to do?

If its not needed dont use anything wait and see what bub is like.
we have used the air wrap with both kids. we definately needed something as ds was continuously knocking his head.
We used an air wrap . DS is a very wriggly sleeper and was always knocking his head on the cot .
whats an air wrap?? i have a bumper. my son wriggles and hes a tummy sleeper so hes always at the top. hitting his head. found his bumper brilliant. not sure why your not ment to use them?

whats an air wrap?? i have a bumper. my son wriggles and hes a tummy sleeper so hes always at the top. hitting his head. found his bumper brilliant. not sure why your not ment to use them?

Hey I know this is a while ago but some people might still want to know, bumpers are not meant to be used because they are not breathable therefore baby can put head against it and overheat. Actually happened to me yesterday my daughter got too hot against it, now we are getting a airwrap...just not worth the risk!
Our baby kept bumping his head on the hard cot bars and we brought these fantastic Pure Safety Vertical Cot Liners. They zip onto each cot rail, so there are no dangerous ties etc
Hope that helps https://babytoolbox.co.nz/collections/vertical-...
Sign in to follow this topic