Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

be rid of thy dum dums Lock Rss

my bubs (5 months) is addicted to her dummy which i call
Evil mr.Dum dums
at the moment she is teething so i dont dare remove it as i know she needs it for comfort..
how did you mumma's get rid of the dummie
should i take it from her cold turkey???
xxxxxxxxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

I've said it a few times so sorry to be boring, I went cold turkey with DD at 6 months. Its a really tough question though Mimmy as there are pretty much equal pros and cons with a dummy.

How much does your DD have 'Evil mr Dum dums'? I mean, does she have it during the day and night? Are you keen on getting rid of it now or by a particular age?

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi

with our daughterwe started at about 5.5 months by taking it away through the day because she didn't actually need it and i think we were giving it to her out of habbit.

so we still gave it at night for about a week then we went cold turkey for about a week until she got a cold and gave it to her a few times to help sleep at night after a few days we went totally cold turkey when she was about 6 months old and now at nily 7 months old she doesn't even remember it.

for us it worked but every bub is different
we did have a few bad nights where it took her longer than normal to fall asleep when we went cold turkey

good luck

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Sign in to follow this topic