Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

car seat question Rss

When are you suppose to turn your reversable car seat around so that baby faces front ways? Does it go by weight or age?

Emily 25/10/05

i say turn your car seat around when your baby can hold his or her head up properly if it is by the time of what the guidleins say then thats great if its before hand then its up to you as only you can know how well your baby can hold his or her head hope this helps... others will probly be able to help more as im only a first time mum and havent switched the car seat around yet

mine goes by weight. It should say it in the book you got with the car seat, i think its about 9kg (but im not sure) we turned ours around yesterday bub is 6 mnths old now and very strong.
My car seat states that a child must be 9kg before changing them to forward facing position.

Justine, Vic, Logan 22nd July 2005 @ 33 weeks

CHeck with the manufacturer before taking this info on board, but the newer models of reversible car seats can remain in the reverse position until the baby reaches 12kg.

Apparently it's safer for them to be in the rear facing position for as long as possible.

tired and feeling old

Sign in to follow this topic