Huggies Forum

baby clothes sizes.. Lock Rss

I know this is from a while ago but all DD's clothes that have guides say that 00000 is prem, 0000 is newborn, 000 is 0-3 months, 00 is 3-6 months and 0 is 6-9 or 6-12 months depending on the brand. At four months DD was only just going into 000 but she was only 4-5kg.
I had the same problem... stocked up on 000s and 00s... my 16 week old bub is now in 1s in pants and 0s in tops (1s in growsuits). He's really tall (75cm) so things just aren't long enough.
I pay more attention to the weight and height measurements that most clothes have on the label.
You don't have to worry that she is bigger her age. As every child has his/her own body shape and form. The clothes are made as per standard size. If you came across this problem then you should go for branded clothes, their sizes are perfect. But if you cannot afford then let her try once before buying. Buy one size bigger than her actual size. Or get the clothes stitched for home use.
I agree, all the brands are a bit different. My nearly 4mth old has been in 00 for a month now. I find it's more the length than anything else. With a footed onesie I go by whether there is still room for her to stretch out her legs, non-footed ones last longer of course. I really don't think its fair to put the ages on there either, just go with the numbers or people get concerned about their baby's growth. Funny how different the sizing can be for babies is just as bad as it is for us!
Hello smile
Just trying my luck here to ask if moms here are very particular in the clothes materials for your kids? currently in singapore fr a holiday and a friend recommended someplace called simply life https://simplylife.com.sg/ apparently they r hypoallergenic and made of bamboo fibres.. i've become really careful in choosing clothes for my 10mth old cause i'm afraid of any sensitive skin issues . if its even a tiny bit warm here, my kid breaks out in rashes.. summers are the worst. which is why i'm thinking of buying these special clothes to see if they make any difference tongue

does anyone think twice about materials for baby clothes or is price most important?

any advice is appreciated!
Penny_M_Coleman wrote:
Hello smile
Just trying my luck here to ask if moms here are very particular in the clothes materials for your kids? currently in singapore fr a holiday and a friend recommended someplace called simply life https://simplylife.com.sg/ apparently they r hypoallergenic and made of bamboo fibres.. i've become really careful in choosing clothes for my 10mth old cause i'm afraid of any sensitive skin issues . if its even a tiny bit warm here, my kid breaks out in rashes.. summers are the worst. which is why i'm thinking of buying these special clothes to see if they make any difference tongue

does anyone think twice about materials for baby clothes or is price most important?

I like natural cotton clothing, but one day I bought bamboo socks and remained satisfied, they were very soft and good in use.
Riv16 wrote:
Penny_M_Coleman wrote:
Hello smile

I like natural cotton clothing, but one day I bought bamboo socks and remained satisfied, they were very soft and good in use.

That's good to know! grin
when I do baby shopping, I usually go plus one or two sizes to make sure it really. My kids grow too fast and I also had troubles before.
Sign in to follow this topic