Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

formulas Rss

Hi,

I've used S26 with my daughter from 6 months old and never had any problems. She is just over 12 months now and I give her cows milk with S26 Toddler. I think as long as your baby likes it and is thriving you have nothing to worry about.
hi Michelle,
how often do you give your daughter toddler s26?

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hi mum78, both my kids started on S-26 for comp feeds and then I put them on to SMA which is made by Wyeth (same company that make S26) and it is basically the same formula for about $5 a tin cheaper. My kids didn't have any problems with constipation or changing formulas etc. So if you can get SMA where you are give it a try!
Good Luck

Mel, WA ,6mth baby

Hello Mishka,

We meet again...

My daughter has 2x 200ml bottles of milk a day with S26 Toddler. She has a bottle first thing in the morning and she has a bottle just before bed at night. During the day she drinks diluted fruit juice and cooled boiled water from a cup.

I think this is enough milk as she also has a tub of yoghurt every day and she eats cheese sticks most days too.

What does your son have?
Hi Maddychelle,
Jack only has 3 bottles but he is younger than Madeline. I was just wondering when to cut down?

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hi all,

Does anybody out there know how to switch formulas with little fuss or reaction to their babies? My son has been on Neocate for approx 10 weeks now. On the recommendation of his paed. he has asked that my son be weaned off Neocate and onto S26. I am offering him only 1 bottle of S26 a day for the first week, then 2 bottles a day in the second week, then 3 bottles in the third weeks etc, etc. Is that the best way to introduce a new formula successfully. His paed. is on holidays until February and so is my GP (not together), I have asked different people and everybody gives me a different answer. What are your thoughts mums? I'd love to hear your experiences.
Regards,
Sam

Mum to toddler

Hi Sam! I have just changed formulas from S-26 to Karicare and my daughter just guzzled it down like there was no difference! All you do is just try and see and if there is a bit of trouble I think your idea of slowly introducing a different formula is great! Hope all goes well for you and bub!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi Mel! Thanks for letting me know, I will keep an eye out but I don't think I have seen that brand! I have bought a tin of Karicare Gold to try! My daughter just drank it like it was no different! Once again thanks for letting me know about SMA!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Gosh am I a bad Mum? I've only ever used the formulas sold at Coles. For my first couple of kids I used Nan 1 (under 6 months) then 2(over 6 months). But the last couple of kids I've used the cheaper one Lactogen (cost factor).

Brenda, 6 kids, NT

Hi Mishka,

I cut Madeleine down to 2 bottles just on 12 months of age, but she had also started to wean herself from so many bottles, she just didn't drink them any more. Play it by ear ad see how much Jack wants. I think he will let you know when he has had enough.

Michelle
hi mum78,
My mother-in-law and sisters-in-law all used SMA. It is exactly the same as S26 only cheaper. It is sold in most Coles stores and chemists in QLD, so keep an eye out for it. My mother-in-law says it tastes the same as S26 to.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

hi everyone,
my first son used karicare for the first 2 weeks (we had problems feeding & not much support) but then he went back on the breast until 18 mths & it only seemed natural to use karicare again after that & he had 1 maybe 2 cups a day & whan we switched to cow's milk at two & a half yrs he just stopped drinking milk & is now asking for the babies milk when he sees us making a bottle so we started buying karicare toddler again at $12.50 for 25 bottles we think it is worth paying the extra to have him drink milk again.

as for the babies we started topup feeds(1 bottle a day) at 3 wks with s26 $19 & after 3 days we were at the hospital with 2 constipated babies so we switched to karicare $17 & it was a little better but one baby was still getting constipated reguarly once a week the day after his topup bottle, then one day at around 6 mths they both wre non stop feeding all day i had nothing left to give so i went to the cupboard to find that the formula in there was 5 wks old so it went in the bin & i went to the shop with only $13 (as my partner was at work with the bank card) & i bought heinz nurture $11.50
and have never looked back he's not been constipated once from this formula and is gaining so much weight and strength (he was small & weak)
even though he is still breastfed half the time.

and as for the savings i am thrilled it will only cost me $115 a mth when they are fully formula fed compared to $190 for s26 or $170 for karicare

and as for quality heinz are making money elsewhere on baby & adult products so they can afford to give more competitive prices so the end result is much the same iand i have no need to feel guilty about buying the cheaper well known brand

anyway that my piece said and i hope it helps somebody.

Tanya, had 3 boys under 26 months

Sign in to follow this topic