Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Chicken Pox Rss

I was just wondering if any one elses baby had got chicken pox under 4 months old. My little boy has them at the moment and they have been terrible he had them in his throat and on his tongue and gums. Just wondering if any other parents have experienced this.

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

Hi Larnie
I have an eight year old and 7 month old twins who have all had chicken pox at the same time 4 weeks ago. It is horrible however you will get through it and then its done with. My wight year old was not too bad, but one of my twin babies had a severe case of them and was on antiobotics. hang in there

Sharyn

Sharyn, WA, 7mnth old twins

Thanks sharyn

Poor little josh has them pretty severely but he is starting to get better
he has been a real little trooper and still his same smiling and laughing self. Yeah i am sort of happy i will be out of the way now at least he doesn't know how to scratch or pick yet =)

my son is 11wks and got the pox from his cousin im glad he has them now and cant scratch but hes not happy with them at all. they are allover his groin etc. he has a small scar that is still healing and theres one on it too. I use calamine lotion which i guess helps I used it when i had them. theres so many theories on the gesation of the spots does anyone know the deffinate answer???
cezbear,

how is your little boy going??? Any nasty scars
My little man has 2 deeo scars on the side of his face.

i meant deep

Hi Cez,
Chickenpox are contaigous 2 two weeks BEFORE they break out in spots, which is why they keep going around all the time. They will usually break out in new spots for up to 1 week after the first spot appears. After 1 week, it is safe to go out into the world again!! It could take several weeks for the spots to completly heal though, depending on the severity of the virus. It is much better he gets them now, as there is less chance of scratching and scaring. Hang in there.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

hi larnie my little man has a couple of scars on the back of his head i think that is due to me putting cream on them and them rubbing off in his bed hopefully some hair will grow over them.
Cezbear,

Aww your poor little man.
I have found more scars on my little joshua on his legs and on his head too and he doesn't have much hair either so i am hoping for the same thing. Don't blame the scars on anything you put on them i wasn't putting anything on joshua and he still got scars i think it is just alot for their baby skin to handle.

Hi larnie,

No one in my family has ever had chicken pox, myself, my husband or my 12 month old daughter. I recently discovered that they don't immunise against chicken pox standardly like measels. I was told that if you pay $60 you can get the chicken pox vaccine for your children. My mother-in-law said she heard on the news that some children were dying from chicken pox? Have you heard anything about this? I've had measels and german measels. I got measels for the first time when I was 3 months old and my mother said I was very sick. I then got them when I was 21 years old. I guess it is the luck of the draw. Has anyone had their child specifically immunised against chicken pox? I'd like to know.

I hope your son is doing much better smile Michelle
My next door neighbour had her 3 girls vaccinated against chickenpox (at $75 per child when it first became available). She was told by the doctor the vaccine would take immediate affect offering full protection against them. Six weeks after they had the vaccination, all 3 girls came down with a severe case of chickenpox. I now tend to beleive that it doesn't work. All the doctor could say to her was "oh, sorry!" I have never heard of anyone dying from chickenpox, but I have from measles. I had measles 3 times and rubella twice, even though I have been immunised against both. Hope this helps.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Maddychelle,

There was something on today tonight or one of those type of shows that was talking about how dangerous chicken pox was for babies and young children and that doctors aren't taking it serious enough as to how dangerous it can really be they did say it could be fatal.
I was told the chicken pox vacine was not available until your child turns 12 months old.

As for my son he is finally over the chicken pox but now he is teething so it is just one thing after another.

Sign in to follow this topic