Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Thrush Rss

hi well i have a 6 and 1/2 mth old daughter and she has had thrush in her mouth i brought some daktaren oral gel for it and it has now disapered but then it spread to her vagina and it is quite red and sore i took her to the doctors and got 2 lots of cream for it i have been putting it on every nappy change.i was just wondering if anyone else knows of anything else i can do to help it go away i use dissposable nappies should i use cloth nappies while she has it?

Hi,

In regards to thrush in her mouth, I was told in hospital by the midwives, not to use Milton to sterilise anything as this can cause thrush. It's best to use a microwave steriliser.

As for the thrush around her vagina, eating yoghurt is supposed to be very good because of it's live cultures. You can buy baby yoghurt, so maybe it's worth giving that a go. This works with adults when they have thrush, so I don't se why it wouldn't work with a baby too.

Let me know how you go.

Dayna

Mum to Aiden John (born - 1st September 2003)

hi well i got rid of the thrush and then it came back again on her vagina but it is gone again now my daughter does eat alot of yogurt and stuff so maybe that helped abit anyway thanx for the reply seeya
Sign in to follow this topic