Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Crohn's Disease Rss

Hi, there,
I am just wondering if anyone has ad any experience with a baby and crohn's disease? My partner has it and I am worried that my 4mnth old will have it. How can I tell? When is the right time to take him to the doctor to get tested? I realy don't want my baby boy to go through what his father has been (still) going through.

Hi Zandy,
My Nana had Crohn's Disease and I worry that it is something that my daughter could end up developing.
I think all you can do is be aware of the signs of the Disease and make your doctor aware of your concerns. The first signs of anything unusual get him checked straight away.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

I also have crohns disease (diagnosed in my late 20's) they say it is hereditary although none of my blood relatives have it. It typically develops (to my knowledge) during your 20's -30's. I agree with loulou above that you have to be aware of the signs. My almost two year old has had blood in his poo twice now which has been put down to a fissure or tear from constipation so i am extremely wary of any sign that could point to crohns as it isnt a pleasant disease to have!
i have never heard of it. can you tell me a site to go see to read about it or someone fill me in i am curious.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Here is a website that gives a good overview of Crohn's Disease. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/crohns/index.htm
I have had crohns disease for 12 years my brother also has it and my aunty apparently had ulcerative colitis,yet when my brother was diagnoses 15 years ago the told us it was not hereditary.Our family sure proved them wrong.I had a bowel resection 2 years ago and had a large part of my bowel removed then I was much better. I had a baby about 2 mths ago and all during my pregnancy I had never been better.As soon as my baby was born I started having trouble again so my medications were increased and I was told I couldn't breastfeed,I felt like I had let my baby down,as all I wanted to do was breastfeed,but she is thriving on formula,so I know that she is okay,cause I certainly didn't want to cause her any harm.

Jo,NSW,January bub

Sign in to follow this topic