Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

BAD EZCEMA Rss

Gidday,my name is Tamieka and I have a nearly 3yrold Bree who suffers from Ezcema.She has only just started getting it these past few months and I was wondering if anyone out there could recomend some great cream that I could try or any natural products that could be of some help......... PLEASE REPLY..................THANKS

Tamieka NZ 3yold&3mth

Hi, my 10 year old has exzema too, we found the range of QV products pretty good but when it's really bad she still needs to use a cortizone cream.

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

Thanks Erin I will have a try with those products and see if that helps..............

Tamieka NZ 3yold&3mth

Hi Tamieka,
A friends little girl had shocking excema and tried everything to no avail. She then stumbled on a product called Dermaveen available from chemists and has it cleared up completely.
Hope all goes well

Fiona, NSW

Hi Tamieka,
I myself suffer from chronic eczema and have tried just about everything, and at the moment I am undertaking a strict skin and health regime entailing creams, and oral health tablets. My diet has also had to change. My now 3 month old often gets eczema too, particularly in the sweaty areas,such as under his neck, in the crook of the arms and on his face. I found Lucas' PawPaw ointment very good to use. it cleared his eczema within four days. As I am breastfeeding, I have also found that since I have been on this change of lifestyle eating habits and taking these health products this has helped his skin also. The ointment can be bought at most chemists. I hope this is helpful, and hope all goes well also!

Luana,WHK,2boyz

Hi Bree

I have an 8yr old and 7mnth old twins, 2 out of the three have excema and I find wahing them in sorbelene cream and covering them in that each morning when they get dress helps too.

Cheers
Sharyn

Sharyn, WA, 7mnth old twins

Where does she get the eczema and do you know why?

My 3 year old had eczema from 2 weeks of age due to an extremely stressful birth. He had it over his whole body and I had to make up a brew of chamomile tea (fresh from health shop - not tea bags) and use a chux cloth to dap it on. I worked a treat and dried up all his weepy eczema on his face. He only gets it occasionally now if he gets over tired or over heated.

Aloe Vera gel is also good but get it from a health shop - the ones at the supermarkets are coloured! It takes out the heat so helps with scrathing. The only good thing about eczema is that it doesn't scar so don't panic if she scratches. Not all products work for each person. I tried some expensive creams and that made it worse.

Do you use fabric softner? Don't cause it is no good - instead put white vinegar in the rinse cycle and that will remove any excess powder/liquid that can also cause skin irritations.

good luck

mum of 2 boys - Victoria

Hi Tamieka,
My 7.5 month old son suffered badly from ezcema when he was born, and still on occassions gets it now, especially when the days are windy. I was put onto a cream called EGOZITE Baby Cream. You can buy it from the chemists for under $10.00 a tube. It is great. It clears my sons ezcema up within 2 days. I put it on him 3 times a day, with sorbelene cream between then. I would use anything else, as this cream is very gentle. My niece (8 years) and nephew (5 years) also use it now, and it clears their ezcema up to. Hope this helps!!

Mother of 3, Qld

I have found that on my little boy, my partner, me, the rest of our family, use Heinz Sudocream. I dont know if it is avaliable in NZ, but it is just a zinc based cream that helps clear it up quickly

Connor 24/1/03, Oliver 8/6/04, Zachary 5/12/07

Hi there Tamieka, I have a 5 1/2 month old son Cody, who has just started getting eczema. We went and saw our G.P and he suggested to use sorbolene as a substitute soap and then apply it to the eczema after his bath. We also had to stop using his S26 as he said it is a cows milk based product we know use infasoy. He says cows milk is a big culprit for eczema so maybe if Bree is having cows milk you can substitute it with another form of milk. I hope this will be of some help.
Good Luck!!!

StaceyW.A Cody(Son)10/7/03Jordyn(Daughter)25/11/04

hi Tamieka!
i have yet another product for you!! and it seems to work very well for my 11 month old daughter...its called MEDIHONEY Eczema cream..... (it contains honey ) and you can get it from a pharmacy...
hope you have found some relief!
xxkellyxx merry christmas!

Kel,nsw, Girl '97 & Girl '02 & Boy '05

hi tamieka, my baby girl (9 months) started getting ezcema when she was about 3 months old. i tried everthing that the chemist suggested but everything i used didn't really work and was too harsh for skin. a friend suggested "Neam soap" it's a natural plant. it cleared her up within two days and she hasn't had a flare up since i started using it. you can get it from most health food shops or your local markets. hopefully it works for you goodluck. danielle
Sign in to follow this topic