Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. how do i get my daughter to like vegetables

how do i get my daughter to like vegetables Rss

Hi well my names natalie and i have a 4 mth old daughter caprice she has been on solids since she was 3 mths old and i have just started to try her with potato and pumpkin mixed together i make it really runny but i am having trouble trying to get her to eat it i even tryed some sugar in it but she still wont eat it she will have a little taste and once she realizes what it is she spits it out does anyone have any suggestions to what i might be able to do to get her to eat it? and what other vegetables can a 4 mth old have?? hope someone can help thanx bye Nat
Hi Natalie,
I sometimes have the same problem with my son. I usually have some nice fruit like pear on hand and dip the spoon in that after putting the veges on it. He takes that and eats it all. Then once he has gotten used to the extra taste I lessen off on the fruit until it is only the veges on the spoon. Sometimes the temperature isn't right. Sometimes he likes it cold and sometimes warm. He prefers his chunky veges warm, but runny ones and custards, fruits, etc he will eat cold. As for what they can have - I have just been following the guide on the cans in the supermarket and what other people have been writing. Books are also helpful. There is a section on this website on recipes for various ages which I have found helpful, too. Oh, another thing. When we first started on solids, the runnier, the better. The chunks or thick stuff just didn't go down.
Good luck.
Ange.
hi Nat, i have a 7mth old boy and started him on soilds when he was 4mths old. vegs i only started about a month ago and i put with his vegs pureed apples as he liked apples before. and a little bit of his leftover milk. he is being bottlefed. and he eats everything. i give him baby rice with apples/milk mixed up in the mornings and vegs/meat and apples mixed up at lunch time evening meal i give him custard etc plus his bottles. i did try him on veg about 4mths and he did spilt it out so i left the vegs to later on. hope this helps. my email address is moff.deb@xtra.co.nz if anyone wishes to email me. debbie
It sounds gross, but I mixed potato, pumpkin and banana together. Without the banana, my baby wouldn't eat potato and pumpkin. I've slowly weaned her off the banana element though, and she pretty much eats the pumpkin and potato okay now

Hannah (3 yrs) and Harry's (born 22/7) Mum! QLD

What worked for me was mixing a bit of ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese into the vegies.
My baby girl wouldn't eat vegies either so I started cooking up some kent (japanese) pumpkin, It's very sweet by itself. Now I've started adding some potato and she still seems to eat it okay. Next I'll probably throw in some carrot or something and then who knows. It seems to be working.

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

Hi I found that when I first started my 6 Month son on solids I used Sweet potatoe rather then normal potatoe I would also add the kent pumpkin and carrot and slowly I added all vegies. JoJo
Hi,

Just another idea for you to try! My daughter loved vegemite so in it went with the veges! My mum always told me that i wouldn't be alive without the stuff, guess my daughter has the same tastes!!

Any luck yet??

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

hi all thanx for the ideas well i have finally got her to eat vegies i started to use sweet potato instead of ordinary potato and i just put a few drops of gravy in with the vegies i havent tryed the vegemite yet but i might give it a go because she loves vegemite thankyou everyone for all the ideas you have all been very helpful thanx
Just keep trying with the root vegetables like carrot and sweet potato. Please don't give your baby the custards or anything else with sugar in it. Stick with the veggies and you will be rewarded in the end.

Tanya,QLD, 5yr, 3yr, 6mth

Sign in to follow this topic