Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. 'hard poo' in a 9month old

'hard poo' in a 9month old Rss

Hi everyone! I'm curious as to what others would classify as a hard poo! My 9month old daughter's creche sent home a note with her saying they thought her poos were a bit hard and to try medication. As she has had 7 weeks of coughs and colds, I am loathe to poke anything down her throat unless absolutely necessary! Her poo is certainly harder than normal, but she does not appear to be straining to get them out, plus I usually get 2-3 of these a day. Is is just the age she is at, and her system is changing a bit? Her diet hasn't changed at all, so I'd like to know what others think!

Kim and Lia Tas

Hi there
I had a similar problem a few months ago with Hannah who is now 10 months. They were like little rabbit pellets and quite hard ( I am sure they would have dried like marbles if allowed). I was a little concerned also so gave her more pureed pear and a fruit medley mix with dried prunes, dried apricots and dried peaches (50gms of each), 2 pears and one apple. Dice all and cover just with water and boil until all fruit is soft. Freeze in ice cubes. Can be eaten by itself or with natural yoghurt. This worked a treat and we haven't had any problems since.

Karen, SA, 9mth baby

HI WHEN MY BABY WAS 2 MONTHS OLD I HAD HIM ON AR FORMULA WHICH GAVE HIM COSTIPATION.I WAS TOLD BY MY BABY HEALTH NURSE TO ADD A SMALL AMOUNT OF PURE PRUNE JUICE TO HIS WATER,THIS WORKED FOR US.
HELEN
Hi there I have 3 kids and have had similar problems with all of them, I have added and still am adding 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar (like the stuff you put on porridge) in two of her bottles each day and once its under control I use it about once every couple of days but that should fix her up also with my second son he had MAJOR problems so I got some prunes and boiled hell out of them, kept the juice (better than buying it) and took off the skin, took out the seed and pureed the pulp with a small amount of the juice and then added it to a bit of farax or something similar and that also worked a charm. If you need any further help Im always happy to help, my name is Lisa and my address is lgusavac@optushome.com.au hope to hear from you.
Sign in to follow this topic