Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Mum of twins needs help!

Mum of twins needs help! Lock Rss

I've got 5 month old twin boys who are starting to outgrow their bassinets. They sleep in their cots at night as my husband helps me rock them to sleep. My problem lies in the daytime sleeps when I'm alone. I rock their bassinets back and forth for a few minutes and they're asleep, but how do I get them to sleep in their cots. Any advice please!!!

Juliana NSW

I can't imagen how hard getting 2 babies to sleep would be. Have you thought of going to somewhere like Trasillian where they can help you get your babies into a good sleep routine where they can put themself to sleep without needing to be rocked?
The only other thing I can suggest is to wrap them. Both my kids were wrapped until they were about 7 mths old and I found this to be a big help in getting them to sleep.
Hope you are able to get your little boys sleeping well soon.
God luv ya!!! Congrats on the twins.. I dont know how mums who have multiple births do it!!

My little girl is 5 months old and self settles.
When it it sleep time I wrap her, give her a kiss on the cheek and a cuddle, tell her it is sleep time and put her in her cot. She will then go to sleep herself within aout 10 mins or so.

This is the only way I can think of to get them to sleep without rocking.

For the first few times they may have whinge or be a bit upset with the change of routine to get them to sleep but you will find they will get the hang of it quickly.

When I first started I let her whinge for a maximum 10 mins then went in to her but she never cried a upset cry more just a whinge. After a couple of goes she was fine and now barely whinges when I put her down.

You may find it works for you or doesnt just depends on what you are comfortable with. I started when hubby was home so that I had some moral support (she was only 5 weeks when i started so i needed it then! lol) and then once she was right i did it with all sleeps. she has slept through the night since 8 weeks and I think alot of it is because she can put herself back to sleep.

Good Luck
Sign in to follow this topic