Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

mouth ulcers??? Lock Rss

hey guys

my cousins 9mth boy has got mouth ulcers??? anybody ever heard of this??? i thought you get mouth ulcers when your immune system is low... he is bottle fed and she hasn't ever sterilised his bottles... any ideas??

kristie

Kristie, tvlle, 3.5yr & newborn

That is an interesting one Kristie. I get the odd ulcer, usually after I have bitten my gum (broken the skin). I had an immune difficience when younger but never got ulcers because of it. I was curious if it could possibly be any kind of blister, like a reaction to some food or other thing bubs has shoved in his mouth. I only ask as I remember a mum telling me about her son getting blisters are pretending to be a dinosour and eating a poisonous plant from their back yard.

I hope it clears up soon, must be uncomforatable for bubs. Does the Chemist have any suggestions on what you can use to clear them up?

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi Kristie!

Are you sure that it's not oral candida? Are the 'ulcers' kind of white? You can get candida by not cleaning bottles properly. It could also be a vitamin B deficiency as it often is in adults. Does he eat much solid food? How many bottles does he have a day? I'd check with the doctor ASAP just to check that it's not candida. Poor bubba!!
Hi Kristie, has this been diagnosed by the Doc's, because it could Foot & Mouth. (a very common highly contagious childhood virus).
Sign in to follow this topic