Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Teething and Screaming

Teething and Screaming Rss

Hi All....not sure if this is the right place to post this but....anyway my boy is almost 5 months old and getting his first teeth, problem is he has started waking at night screaming and the only way he will sleep is if you cuddle him and eventually he goes into a deep sleep and you can put him down on the couch. Am using bonjella and panadol. My hubby works away and is away at the moment so I am absolutely exhausted. Jayden had also stopped sleeping during the day - had just under 2 hrs sleep between 8am and 6:30pm today. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Take Care

Emma & Jayden, WA

mrspappy,
I don't now if this will help Jayden but it helps my baby when hes teething, its a herbal remedy called "Teething Relief" by Brauer $14.95 for 100mls, the dose is 1ml for under 6months and 2ml of over 6months. You can buy it any good chemist or health food shop. You can use this, bonjella and panadol together( my doc said it was ok).
Also, I know its not the 'right thing' to do, but have you thought of putting him in bed with you so that when he wakes you can get to him befores he gets upset while your husband is away, then hubby can help when he gets back. At least you'll get some sleep, anyway just a thought.
Hope I have helped

sulee,nsw,babyb'day15/8/2003

Gabrielle sounds about the same age.I find after the last night feed about 1900 she starts to pull at her ears and bite down on me during feeding. I try to let her bite down on a teeting ring between feeds and on a clean finger. This seems to alleviate some pain. If she is still upset after the feed I will put the bonjella on her gums. She is also only sleeping about 1 hour from 0900-1000 1030 and another hour from 1300-1400 approx. I try not to let her sleep after 1600 anyway. I have introduced solids today in the morning to help her feel a little more content to sleep in the morning after a bath also. When upset with teeth I also give her sterilised water as the sucking and water seems to sooth and a cool teething ring from the fridge. Avoiding panadol as a last resort if I can.

Chez

Gabrielle - Peta 09Nov03

Chez.....your girl sounds very simmilar to Jayden and only a couple of days difference in age (Jayden is 11/11/03). Does she sleep through the night and how often are you feeding her? Jayden still feeds roughly every 3 hrs during day and was going 5-6 hrs at night. Have bought the 'teething relief' today and am trying it tonight. Jayden also gets teething rings and my finger (which he likes a lot better!!) but was still waking screaming through the night and not going back to sleep in his cot. So many questions and so many things to try, at least will know more for the second bub when it comes!!

Take Care & Thanks

Emma & Jayden, WA

Hi Mummies,

You can try Infant Nerofen, it is really good for teething as it helps with the swelling in the gums! It is suppose to be better than panadol for teething!

Good luck, and i hope those teeth pop up soon,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Thanks for all the suggestions. Have bought some of the "Teething Relief" and it has made a big difference. Will let you all know when the teeth finally come through.

Take Care

Emma & Jayden, WA

Sign in to follow this topic