Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Nasty nappy rash... any cures?

Nasty nappy rash... any cures? Rss

Hi everyone,

I have a 1 year old son who has been rather pooey of late... I don't know what's causing it, his diet is as normal but he's been having sometimes 5 or 6 pooey nappies a day.

As a result he is coming up with some nasty nappy rash. Now we use Huggies nappies as anything else he wets through in a heartbeat. We never had really nasty nappy rash with our older son, when we saw it coming up we'd let him go nappy free for 1/2 an hour and he was pretty much ok. That has not worked for the little one though.

I've been slathering on Curerash cream every change, giving him nappy free time every change, but it's worsening (starting to blister and seep where the nappy leg elastic rubs him).

So, can anyone offer other ideas to try and curb this nasty rash before we end up at the doctor!!??

2 boys under 4

I would suggest Bepanthen cream and more nappy free time. Perhaps a little sunlight on his bare bum might help too.

I use bepanthen on my son all the time, I find it cures EVERYTHING! smile

It sounds nasty the poor little tyke, good luck.

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

hahaha - everyone has different ideas - so here's one more to confuse you!

I found that my bub got a weird nappy rash and no amount of Bepanthen helped, went on for weeks. The CHN suggested to try canesten cream incase it was fungal, but that didnt help either. In the end, I had a feeling that it was the Bepanthen itself that was giving her the rash - and I was right! I switched to Am-o-lin and within 2 days the rash had disappeared! Moral of the story - try different creams as all bubs are different and some are sensitive to different things! Hope it gets better soon!

Sherri, mum to Ella Bella Baby Bear ~ 21.01.05

HI
i found that if i use bepathen and johnson's baby anti-rash powder and i find it clears a couple of days later then once the nappy rash has cleared i continue to the johnson's baby anti-rash powder to helpkeep it from returning
Sign in to follow this topic