Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Cradle Cap Lock Rss

Over the last few months my bubs has developed cradle cap ..She is almost 10 months and has never had it before. What do I do?. Why has she got it And how can I get rid of it? Is it a serious problem or just one of those things a baby gets and will eventually disappear?

bubs born 28/1/05

Hi gln

My daughter got cradle cap when she was about 3 months old. I have no idea what caused it but it was awful. I found the only thing that worked was a cradle cap product called egozite which I got from the chemist. We were also tolded to use a very mild conditioner after using shampoo and in the evening we would massage olive oil into her head. It all worked wonders and thankfully has never returned.

Good luck.
Janelle
I did read they think Cradel Cap could be caused from a hormone released during pregnancy. But they are not really sure, seems very hard to determine exactly what causes it. One thing is for sure its NOT from your baby being dirty like some older people will say.

My DD got it fairly young and the only way that worked for her was to wash her hair every night and brush with a soft brush / comb each morning.

Other mums in our group found that putting oil or sorbelene cream on it over night then gentle brushing / scraping it off in the morning worked. Some babies kept getting it over and over, just horrible.

Best of luck. Keep trying a few different things, you'll come cross what works best for your baby.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic