Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Help!!! Losec & Baby Nurofen

Help!!! Losec & Baby Nurofen Rss

My 6mth old baby is on Losec for Reflux. Last night I gave him some Nurofen for his teething and this morning he woke up feeling very lethargic and a bit too quiet which is unusual for him. He ended up vomiting up all his morning bottle straight after having it. My question is does anyone know if there is a possible risk an allergic reaction to giving nurofen to a baby on Losec? I'm told that asthmatics and people who have ulcers should not take Nurofen. Is reflux similar to ulcers?

Please help if you know.

Thank you.
Sam

Mum to toddler

Hi Sammie
Sorry I dont know if theres a reaction but see if theres a phone number on the bottle of nurofen and ask them or else call the 24 hour child health line 13 22 29.
Good luck
hi Sammie,

Whilst I can't help with your question, I would love it if you could post the answer if you find one as my baby has reflux too.

Goodluck and thanx

Nat
hi Sammie

My daughter was also on Losec but we never tried her on Nurofen so I'm not sure if it does react but we found that baby pamol was safe to use

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Hi Sam,
Maybe he is a bit young for Nurofen, it states on the bottle not to give to babies under 12 mths unless consulted by a doctor. I think that could be because of the antihistamine (sorry can't spell it) it contains as it can have a sleep effect.

Also it says on the bottle that babies or children who suffer asthma should not have any reactions to Nurofen.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your replies.

Hi Nat,

I spoke with my GP yesterday (I have known her for approx 10 years) and she assured me that there should not be any reaction between Losec and Nurofen. She suggested that I just wait until he's a bit older to give it to him, if I need to. She also suggested that I stick to Panadol as it is much safer to use on babies under 1 year old.

Sam

Mum to toddler

Thanks Sam,

You can never be to careful with medications!

Nat
Sign in to follow this topic