when do they start teething? Rss

Hello everyone,

Im a first time mother
my son is 3 months this friday

My question is
when do baby's start teething?

My son jacob, his at the stage were
his drooling alot, chewing on his fingers and wrist
sucking on my shoulder and when i change his soiled nappies its green and sticky.

Does that have anything to do with teething or is he too young and its just something im doing wrong, everyone ive asked said yes and no, would like to know what you all think.

Thanks

first time mother

Hi,

My son is now 6 mths old. He had all the symptoms your son has at 3mths also, but he still does not have any teeth. However, only today do I see a little which dot on his bum, which I believe is a little tooth trying to come out. He is a bit unsettled also. Bonjela definitely helps if you think your son is teething.

Hope that helps you.

Sam

Mum to toddler

Hi,
Teething can pretty much start at any age and he definitely is showing the classic systems.

My daughter started on this wonderful journey at 3 months and her first tooth was through by 6 months.

Don't doubt yourself in anyway, it's all a learning experience. If you think he's gums are hurting him try rubbing Bonjela onto them to soothe them.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Hi,

Its seems to be a common thing that a lot of babies start teething early. My first son had signs of teething from 2 1/2 months and did not get his first tooth until 6 months. My second son is 4 months old and has been doing the same, it really gets him upset at times.

The first tooth could come through at any time, its just a matter of hanging in there and trying to help them with the gel and having lots of bibs for all that dribble.

All the best
Tracy

Tracy NSW, 2 boys, 4 and 2

I guess it can happen any time. Some babies teeth early and some later. You never know.
My baby has drooled and dribbled from day one! She sucks her fingers, hands, anyones shoulders or arms any time, any place. I get so sick of people saying "oh look, she's teething". Well, no she isn't. She is just a baby and babies dribble and drool like there is no tomorrow. When the fang pops out, then I'll know for sure that she has been teething!
My son got his first tooth at 11 months and my daughter got hers at 7 months, all kids are different.

Cristie, SA, boy 18/04/01, girl 22/05/03

Sign in to follow this topic