Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

teething symptoms Rss

My daughter who is 71/2 months old currently has no teeth yet, however, in the last two days has shown some signs. Other than the usual symptoms that comes with teething has anyone experienced the thick green mucous in the babies nose that has come at the same time as the other symptoms?

Michelle,WA

hi well my daughter is 91/2 mths old and has just got her first tooth a couple of weeks ago today she has been really bad with her teeth and she has had a runny nose all day she always gets a runny nose when they are bad.
Hi, my son started teething around new years and hasn't really stopped since. He has six teeth now and is 8 and a half months. When teething he has lots and lots of dirty nappies of all diferent colours and consistencies, he gets clingy and a bit grumpy, he also dribbles a lot, sucks or chews his fingers and thumb and pulls in his bottom lip. He also spits when the dribbling is really bad. I haven't noticed a runny or gunky nose, but I think the symptoms are different for every baby.

Danielle

Danielle, 28, Vic, 1st son born 2/6/03

Hi Michelle,
Usually a thick green or yellow mucous is a sign of infection. This doesn't mean serious infections, usually it is just a cold. Does you daughter have any other signs of a cold? eg. cough, off her food etc. It could be that she is teething, and developed a cold on top of it. With the weather and temperatures the way they have been all over the country lately, it is highly possible it is just a cold. Give her a few more days and she should be right, but if you are concerned, see your doctor.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Danielle,
my daughter was born 2/6/03 too smile She has showed teething symptoms for the last two weeks, such as chewing her fingers, dribling and has had two white bumps at the front of her gums for ages She has had a cold for the last week and has a runny nose but is also blocked up with clear mucus. She just cut her first tooth today. We are all very exited.

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

Sign in to follow this topic