Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Falling over Rss

Hi everyone,

My beautiful baby, has been sitting up on his own now for about two months, but within the last three or four days he is falling over all the time, it has got to the point where I won't sit him up (he can't get himself up) anymore unless I am sitting with him, it doesn't matter if I put pillows or anything behind him as he pulls them away and then hits his head on the floor which makes him scream (we only have tiles) as the floor is very hard. Does anyone know what might be causing this sudden falling over, your comments, ideas, suggestions would be appreciated.

Nikki, WA, 2nd bub on the way.

Have you had his ears checked? My boy had tropical ear - which they can get from the bath too - and it put him off balance for a couple of weeks. Or even if he is teething his ears might be giving him a bit of curry?

It's horrible when they hurt themselves. My son is climbing everything at the moment and is convinced he can walk (he cant) he is constantly falling down and has bruises all over! It looks terrible but there's nothing I can do, he just has to learn.

God luck.
Hi, I'm not sure what causes the falling over. I think that babies sometimes forget to hold on or to put their hands out. You could try sitting him in a washing basket and putting some toys in there with him. Someone suggested this to me for my son to help with his vomiting. He thought it was a great way to play. You still have to watch them though because they can tip it over if they try hard enough.
Also maybe put him on an old doona to play, maybe it won't be so hard when he falls. Hope this helps.

Good luck.
Danielle

Danielle, 28, Vic, 1st son born 2/6/03

Hi Nikki,
Is he teething? Your ears, nose and throat are all linked together, and sometimes teething can cause minor ear problems, which in turn causes a loss of balance. It is quite common and nothing to worry about. It could also be caused from an ear infection, so if he has a temperature, take him to the doctor to get checked out. If you are really worried, or the problem persists or gets worse, take him to the doctor anyway. Hope this helps.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Sign in to follow this topic