Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development

Baby's Growth & Development

TaniaH

Teeth! Lock

My daughter has been teething and today cut her eye tooth before any others. is this normal??

12 replies

hi tania well yeah i think caprice has just cut her other eye tooth on the left and it looks like her top teeth are on there way to....

tysonsmum

Tips on getting bub to roll Lock

Hi everyone, My little guy is 6 months old today and is yet to roll (reading other posts I know I...

6 replies

Hi I'm new here I have a 9 month old boy Ethan - who had to go to physio due to a condition called plagiocephaly from three months. ...

cross cutting Lock

hi i have a daughter who is 23 wks and she has just cut her first tooth but she has cut her top r...

2 replies

Loulou is right. Your baby has just decided to be a little bit inventive that's all! Perhaps this is a sign of great creative pote...

liby

Rolling over Lock

hi, I have a 15 week old lil girl and was wondering when will she roll.? she has rolled once ...

8 replies

My son is 5mnths and is only just starting to roll from his back to his side and thats as far as he goes. Babys all roll at differen...

Wind Lock

hi well i have a neally 6 mth old daughter she has always got relly bad wind ever since she was b...

1 reply

Hi Twinkletoes, My bubs is a bit younger than your daughter, he is 4 months and he still gets extremely bad wind. He is also very ...

buzzystar

eating very little, drinking next to nothing. Lock

Hi, my name is Kate and I have an 8 month baby boy who hardly eats or drinks a thing! The communi...

4 replies

Thanks so much for the feedback. Two teeth finally arrived one after the other. He is eating much better now, although he still has ...

New Mum

Knowing my name Lock

Hi to all. I have just joined this club and am having a great time reading about all of your exp...

6 replies

Hi there! I agree with you about the hearing test. My daughter responded excellently to the hearing test and I think by about 5/6 ...

IrishK67

Finding time to relax Lock

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get time to yourself. When I have a six month o...

2 replies

Hi IrishK67, I agree you definately need a medal. I wouldn't be worried about a little time to relax i'd be asking for a holiday. I ...

kerani

hip problems Lock

hi, i have a four month old baby girl and when she was born she had clicky hips. she was put in a...

2 replies

Hi Lou2, My daughter also was diagnosed with clicky hips at 9 weeks, I was devastated, She was in a pavlik harness for three months...

Jungle

Lack of weight gain Lock

My son is 21 weeks old and I started him on solids at 18 weeks. Continuing to breast feed he has ...

2 replies

Hi, My 19 week old girl has had weight gain problems for weeks now, sometimes she will gain only 20 grams in a week, other weeks ga...

jojo3455

tummy time Lock

Hi my name is joanne courts, I have a son who is 5 months and hates tummy time any one have advi...

4 replies

Hi Joanne, My little son didn't much like tummy time either and we didn't have much because of his reflux so that didn't help much....

Shae

Temper Tantrums! Lock

Hi Fellow Parents, My name is Shae, I'm 21 from SA and have a gorgeous 10 month old daughter nam...

2 replies

Hi Shae and Kristijames, I also have a tantrum thrower, though like Kristijames's little boy mine also stops when I walk away. As f...

hollysmum

when do they start crawling Lock

My baby girl is now nearly 8 1/2 months and she is a very placid and happy baby. She has been qui...

6 replies

I am so excited to read about other babies around the same age as my almost 10mth old son Christian, that don't crawl yet! I have s...

Baby Swim Classes Lock

Hi Mums, We live in Brisbane/Redlands (bayside) and we would like to start our 6 month old in swi...

10 replies

Hi Ange, I'm glad you're still going ahead with it as it's a wonderful experience. I'm missing it terribly as my hubby wouldn't let ...

jayner

Eye Colour Lock

My baby boy is 3 months old and has very clear gorgeous blue eyes. My husband and I both have br...

10 replies

Well now we'll all have to keep guessing!!

Loulou

Vomits when doing a Number 2 Lock

I'm just interested to know who else out there has a baby who vomits just about every time they a...

4 replies

Thanks Peta, My mother actually suggested the same thing so I'm off to buy a potty. Funny thing is she hasn't thrown up now for the...

rose2003

your first real smile Lock

when my baby gave me her first real smile my heart melted

4 replies

Hi Jaime, Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! It is the most beautiful thing in the world. Just wait until they get a tooth or two and it is e...

mary

Baby Proofing Ideas? Lock

hello to all mothers I would like some tips on baby proofing the house. we also have a gas heater...

5 replies

Hi mums, One piece of advice i was given is that kids can only handle a couple of rules. Say no to the heaters and things that can'...

baby is now 1 year old tommorow Lock

happy birthday to shaun happybirthday to him lolol hi there all my little one walk a 5 mths and ...

1 reply

Happy birthday Shaun!!! The fun has only just begun!!!

Starting Solids Lock

My baby boy is 18 weeks old. I started him on solids at 3 and a half months. He seems to dislike ...

12 replies

It's possible that his stomach/gut was too immature to cope with being fed solids at the time you started him. My son was similar, o...

MMR Needle Lock

Hi, My son will be 18 months old next month and will be having his MMR needle. I would be inter...

1 reply

Hi DebraRettie, My son had his MMR when he was 12 months old. He got just about every reaction listed. This included high temps an...

kimsmith82

Drinking Less Lock

Hi my name is Kim, i have a beautiful 9mth old baby girl, Krystal. Krystal is a really good eate...

5 replies

hi kim Angelika has 2 bottom teeth as well. She is nearly 8 1/2 months and she got the upper right side tooth come out. hopefully it...

Eating Lock

My 20 week old son, is having 150ml bottle every 3 hours, he is having solids afterwards, and if ...

5 replies

Sounds like a common problem! My son is now almost 8 mths and didn't start eating solids with any interest until just past 6 mths. ...

linskeh

reflux baby - 6 1/2 months - 6.8kg Lock

Just wanting to know if anyone has a baby the similar age with Gastric Reflux .........If so is y...

4 replies

Oh ditto! My baby was only 6lb 15oz. (3150g) born and at 5½ months is 6.1kg. Definitely not a chubby baby, but is not underweight e...

mary

how much food? Lock

Hello all Im new here and i need some advice. Ive started giving my nearly 5 month old vegies and...

8 replies

thanks for the advice girls

skye

What to expect from 6 months onwards Lock

Hi my name is Skye and I have a beautiful baby girl named Madison. Being a first time mum has pro...

7 replies

Hi mums My youngest is 8 months on saturday. He started crawling 2 weeks ago and it was so great.You are sooooo proud of them.Within...

Teething Lock

My son is 11 months old, and does not have any teeth yet. My question to the message board is "...

10 replies

I thought our son's teeth would never come through! He would be a gummy bear forever. His first teeth were the bottom two at 13mths ...

Waking up in the middle of the night from teething Lock

My son is 14 months old now and has four teeth, the two top and bottom. He has been waking up in...

2 replies

My son is just about to turn 1 year old. I let him have a dummy to sooth his teeth as he would chew on a teething ring it was too co...

zane

overdue Lock

I am overdue with my 3rd baby, i have tried just about everything,exept the caster oil one, which...

8 replies

P.S. I tried having an Internal (from the midwife of course), Evening Primrose Oil, and Rasberry Leaf Tea... Started all these 2 we...

mamma bear

bow legged and pigeon toed Lock

my 9 month old baby boy has bow legs and a slight pigeon toes...my family says it is becasue he s...

3 replies

I listened to a video the other day, and they said to fix bow legs sas to sit them in the sun for 20 minutes or so each day and it w...

angel pie

New Member Lock

Hi, I am a new member. I am 26 with a daughter, Lauren, who will be one in 3 weeks. Wow, how time...

6 replies

Hi all. I am also a new member - I have a 6 month old son, Reece. I also had a breeze pregnancy, birth (Reece was born by caesaria...

mary

well the tooth's gone Lock

hello again girls 2 weeks ago my 6 month old girl cut her upper side tooth. she was miserable for...

1 reply

Yes, i have heard of that happening before, and they say its quite common. Hopefully it wont hurt your little one as much second tim...

mary

it is a tooth Lock

hello again well i eventually got a better look at my daughter's gums,and guess what? she is cutt...

2 replies

my daughter has 2top and 2bottom teeth,now she is cutting the 2 bottom incisors and she is still sleeping though the night.but my tu...

cooper74

BIG BOY Lock

HI! My son is 9months old and weighs almost 12kilos. And a lot of people think he is 12 months...

5 replies

Hi Cooper74, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Your baby is practically the same as my baby... he will be 9 months in a week and he is ...

Piglet

Weaniny Lock

Hi, I unfortunately have to wean my almost 1 year old due to medical reasons. I need to do this r...

6 replies

Ah the microwave beep my little boy loves that sound. He gets so dissappointed if it is not his bottle we pull out.

mary

new tooth Lock

hi girls my nearly 6 month old girl is teething ,but i looked at her bottom gums this morning an...

1 reply

It could be but my son has the same but from birth but his is like an ulcer thing under gum.I cant remember exactly as he was only 6...

Teething Lock

Have other mums babies teeth come through early? My son goes on and off teething but there is no ...

2 replies

Fortunately my experiences of teething are good too! We found that our daughter was grizzly and red cheeked about a month before the...

KS

solids and breast/bottle amounts? Lock

My daughter is just on 6 months. I have just gone back to work P/T so she is fully weaned off th...

2 replies

My daughter is also 6 months and is on solids 2 x daily. She also has 4 bottles of about 150-200mls of formula. The tin says she s...

Mel

Unsettled Feeding Lock

My little girl is 19 weeks old. When she was about 6 weeks, we started mixed feeding (bottle whil...

6 replies

Hi guys, just thought i'd update on the latest with the bottle refusal. It turns out Hailey is suffering with reflux. The vomiting...

Jamie

about solids Lock

When you feed your child solids for the first time do you feed them straight after the bottle or ...

2 replies

when you start solids its more to get them use to eating so it comes second so they still get all their nutrients from the milk. Ar...