Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Not Crawling Rss

My 11 month old daughter is still not crawling and refuses to stand up or hold any weight in her legs. I have seen a Paediatrician and he didn't seem too concerned but it is really worrying me. She doesn't seem at all interested in moving around. Does anyone else have this problem?
Hi, i know you are worried, but try not to ! All babies are different ! My son didnt walk till he was 14 months old and my cousins baby has only just started walking a few weeks ago and she is 18 months old !!!! My niece is 10 months old and only just started to crawl....If your doctor thinks there is nothing to worry then im sure everything is fine smile

Lisa SA mum to beautiful haley born 27/9/03

My friends boy is 15 months and just started to crawl on hands and knees a month ago. He to doesn't like to stand on his feet. He can for a few seconds but gets very shacky. I wouldn't be concered at the moment. Maybe going to a ciropractor (can't spell) to see if there is anything wrong. Other wise don't stress to much.

Kerrie

Kerrie,NZ,

Hi
I know a beautiful little baby girl and she did the same thing. She was so content to sit and play. I just wanted to take her home because she was so contented. I just loved her. I think she was more on the intellectual side than the physical.

Some suggestions for you to get her interested.
Tease he with toys she loves. Place them out of reach in a big circle around her. Just out of her reach. Lay her on her tummy. Say encouraging words that gets her excited.
Then if she doesn't try. Push her legs underneath her and put your hand behind them so that when she tries to straighten them she will go forward.
It may take a while.
Hope it works
Let us know how it goes.
Good luck!
Pauline

mum of 3

Hi Jodie,
Ella started crawling at 9.5 months after many days of me laying on my belly and moving her toys further and further out of reach. She was just content to sit there and play.
She is now heading towards 14 months old and is only walking around the furniture or if we hold her hands, she hasn't taken that big step by herself as yet.
I use to worry but all babies are different and she will get there in her own time.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Hi Jodie,

My Emily began to crawl the day she turned 9 months. 2 weeks prior to that she wasn't doing anything, not even rolling yet. I spent lots of time with her to get her to roll. She would also sit and only twist to grab things (which believe me is a good thing). Most babies begin to crawl from their tummies (which is why they say give them lots of tummy time) but Emily began to do it from a sitting position.

All babies are different. Just remember that crawling is not even a milestone...some babies just skip it altogether and just walk. My friend's little girl was 11 months and preferred to sit and do nothing...until all at once she did everything and was up and walking about by her first birthday...so you never know! Emily is just cruising around furniture and without holding on always takes 2 steps by herself (she wont do anymore). When they are mobile, they get into everything so start babyproofing!

Michelle, 23, WA; mum to Emily Renae (11 months)

I was also concerned when my 11 month old boy was not crawling, rolling or standing against furniture. After seeing my G.P and Paediatrician, they refered him to a physio. This was the best. with just a few different exercises, he was rolling , standing and then crawling within 6 weeks. He is now 14 months old and still not walking, but he is so happy now that he can get around by crawling.

lynda, SA, 1yr/3yrs

dont worry to much when i was a baby mum said that i just sat there and didn't crawl or stand up till i was about 13months old. i was a very content baby and i just wasn't interested in moving
Sign in to follow this topic