Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. WHEN DO BABIES START TO TEETHE ?

WHEN DO BABIES START TO TEETHE ? Lock Rss

thanks heaps that definatly helps..his nappy rash was so bad his bum looked like it was covered in carpet burn..ouch!!
i have one question though...how do you keep their soft toys hygenic?
ash chews all over his cloth toys and they look dirty and horrible now!
they all say not to immerse in water...but how do you get them nice and clean again??
Hi Ashmummy,

I took my son to the doctor to see if i could get a prescription cream to help with his rash. The DR gave me a a cream called Betnovate 1/2 cream. It has worked great. I only got it at lunch time yesterday and the rash has already cleared.

With the soft toys... I wash all of mine in the washing machine even though they say not to and i have never had any troubles. You just have to be careful not to use too much washing powder and if you have a delicate option on your washing machine use that. Also make sure you let them dry really well otherwise they will get smelly and mouldy.

Hope this helps.

Larnie

Mummy to Joshie 15/07/03 & Hannah Lily 26/02/06

Thanks Larnie
Im thinking about putting them in the wash..do u even wash the toys with rattles and bells in them in the machine?
Hi Ashmummy,

I wash all of his soft toys in the machine even if they have bells in them. You just have to make sure you let them dry really well.

Larnie

Well Zach cut his first tooth 2 days ago, I'm really suprised because he was only a bit grumpy maybe twice last week and got the red cheeks once. I thought teething lasted for months and babys get really cranky before they get their teeth? or do I just have a really good kid? okay I'll quit bragging..lol!
congrats on the first tooth.

Joshie wasn't too bad when he got his teeth he only got really upset the day they cut through.

Larnie

Hi All, Am new to the list and was wondering what people found best for teething. My boy is almost 5 months old and is usually very placid but lately he his getting quite grumpy and wakes screaming. On these days he dribbles heaps and is constantly chewing on his fingers (or mine!) I can see the tell tale white spots on his bottom gum - 2 little teeth ready and waiting. How long after these white lines appear do the teeth come through (roughly). Any help for a new mum would be much appreciated.

Take Care

Emma & Jayden, WA

Hi mrspappy,

My daughter was 3 months old when she started teething and she had those little white spots just under her gums too. Now she is 6 months and still has those white spots, one tooth did come through but went back down again...bummer!! In saying this my son also teethed from 3 months but he got his 2 bottom teeth at 5 months and the top 2 at 7 months! I don't think you can really tell when they will come through...it's just a waiting game...and not a fun one either!! Since my daughter started teething....now she has 2 bottom teeth, 2 top teeth and a couple of the side one's trying to push their way out! I sure hope they push through soon! I make sure I give her some nice hard toys to chew on to maybe help push them through but no such luck!

This just shows that every chid is different!!

Take care

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Thanks mum78,

A friend of mine only pointed out the white lines today - I didn't know exactly what I was looking for - so I don't know how long he's had them but the irritability and chewing and change in his poos all started about a month ago, so they may have been there for a while already. Sometimes not knowing is a blessing in disguise because then you are not waiting - if that makes sense! Did teething cause either of your to wake from sleep? I don't know if it is all related but I don't seem to be able to get Jayden to sleep for longer than 1 hr during the day (usually only 30 - 45min) and he is waking at night with a pained cry. Bought some Bonjela today so hopefully that might help.

Thanks and Take Care

Emma & Jayden, WA

Hi mrspappy

Well, my daughter does have more of a restless sleeping period when she is teething but has only ever slept for not much longer than a hour from birth during the day naps, she usually has about 2 - 3 of them per day, and my son, well, I was luckly if he would have 1 nap over a hour long for birth during the day, so my kids aren't real big sleepers although they did sleep through from 5 weeks so that is a bonus!! Bonjela is a great relief for teething babies and so is panadol. I also bought another great teething helper....you can buy it from selected pharmacies and is made by Brauer - a natural medicine - and is called Teething Relief and contains no asprin or paracetamol and works real fast! It costs $14.95 for 100ml but for bubs under 6 months you only give them 1ml (2ml over 6 mths) so it lasts a long time!! It is also a pleasant tasting one too and Bri just drinks it up so it must be good!!

Hope your little boy gets his teeth through soon!

Take care

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Thanks again. I had heard of a natural teething remedy once before - I will have to go and get some I think. I guess Jaydens "power" naps are fairly common then - if only he would sleep at night too! Although he is much better than he used to be. Thanks again.

Take Care

Emma & Jayden, WA

Hi deena, I agree with you, i never knew when my son started to teeth, one day there was no teeth then the next day there was 2 and that was when he was 4 months old, now he is 6 months and he still only has 2 teeth. Some mums have alot of problems with their babies and teething but i seemed to find it a breeze, maybe coz i didnt even know that it was happening.

Hayley, NZ, 6mth son

Sign in to follow this topic