Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. HOW LONG SHOULD MY BABY BE ON S26 AR FORMULA

HOW LONG SHOULD MY BABY BE ON S26 AR FORMULA Rss

Hi my baby has been on S26 AR since she was about 4 weeks old due to reflux.....she is now 14 weeks old and doesnt have any probs with reflux now....no throwing up or anything...should I just keep her on this formula or change her to normal S26 ????? By the way I have my doubts if she ever did have reflux, she was never a spewy baby at all....But I was constantly told she had either colic or reflux as she use to scream for up to 10 hours a day sad Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

Lisa SA mum to beautiful haley born 27/9/03

Hi Lisa,
I didn't have a reflux baby, but my sister-in-law has had 2. She had her babies on reflux formula too, and on medication. She decided to try them on normal babies formula to see how the went. Unfortunatly for her, they both needed to stay on the reflux formula, but you can always try, especially if you are in doubt your baby even was reflux. You can get travel packs of S26 at the chemists for around $5.00. There are 6 sachets in a packet and each sachet makes 180 mls of milk. If you decide to try her on the normal S26, if may be wise to buy one of these travel packs, just in case she does need to stay on the reflux formula. You don't want a large tin of formul going to waste. Good luck.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi,

Our daughter was a baby that cried all the time after her bottle and was very windy and spewy. I was advised to put her onto the S26 Gold or Karicare Gold as they are a bit thicker in consistency and therefore would sit in her stomach better. She definately stopped with the crying as soon as she was finished a bottle and would also burp alot more easily. She only chucks a tiny bit these days so that is good. Perhaps even try the travel pack of one of the Gold brands that are thicker than the normal formulas.

Hope this helps, Stephanie

Stephanie, NSW, Mother of Mackenzie

Hi, my son had a reflux problem for many months, I tried the AR formula and found it made his wind hard to get up and he had trouble digesting the corn starch used to thicken the formula. As for colic pains I found gripe water to be a magic potion during those trying times
Sign in to follow this topic