Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

What keepsakes do you have? Rss

Hi every-one,
My baby girl is now 7 months & I just can't believe how time flies! We printed her feet in paint when she was a couple of weeks old. I would love to hear what momentos you have chosen to keep or print & how you will store them.
Anniesmum
Hi, I have kept the birth notice and the photo in the paper, well i've kept the whole paper and I've got a spare. My sister-in-law is a photographer so every few weeks we have a shoot, so naturally I've got 3 albums full of our 71/2 month old girl and plus what I take. I also kept her little tags from when she was born. We did the clay prints of her hands and feet when she was 3 months old and it takes pride of place in the kitchen. I also have been jotting down what things cost, like a litre of fuel, ticket to movies and loaves of bread. Stuff that when she's older is probably going to cost heaps more. Also we've been on a few trips with her, so I've kept everything like tickets to footy, motel reciept and wrote down what we did.
I have got everthing stored in either plastic slips in folders or envelopes. But everything is in a couple of huge decorated boxes.
My husband tells me we're going to have to buy a bigger house if I continue collecting keepsakes for her, but I say it'll be good to pass it on to her and future generations.

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

Hi anniesmum,

I am hugely into keepsakes, traditions and the like. I have a daughter who is 12 months now, but this is what we did for her in her first year. Every month on the day we took a photo of her. When she was 12 weeks old we got a mould done of her tiny hands and had it framed. When she was 4 months old we had a Naming Day Ceremony. I have a copy of the ceremony printed on nice paper inside a plastic sheet, plus a certificate framed. I had a rocking horse cake dcoration on the Naming Day Cake which I kept. I have kept a scrapbook from the day she was born and in it are things like the clamp from her belly button, her ankle bands from hospital, my hospital band, her cot label, all the cards we received, a list of gifts, samples of the wrapping paper, snippets from the newspaper about world events, the winner of this years Melbourne cup etc. We also bought her a tree when she was born so that they can grow together. It is a Cherry tree, in blossom in winter and very pretty and bears sweet cherries in summer. I've also kept the very first outfit she ever wore, it is wrapped in acid free tissue paper and sealed in a box with her first mittens, booties and hat. I kept her silk naming day dress, also wrapped in acid free tissue paper. Most of the things I have kept are stored in a pretty chest that has been passed down through generations in my family. Last week the latest thing I added was her party hat from her birthday party and the winnie-the-poo figure off her 1st bithday cake. So as you can see, I am a mum who saves EVERYTHING. Michelle
I'm one of those people who keep everything - the cord stump, first lock of hair cut and I'll keep the first teeth that fall out (way down the track yet). I have a scrapbook that I keep things in like photos of "firsts" (eg tootbrush, bath, time in highchair, sitting alone). I also have a cute book with teddy bairs all over it that I throw anything else into such as her hospital bracelets, first dummy, etc, I suppose it's a bit like a time capsule. I've also taken a photo each month for the first year (Madison is 11 months) on the anniversary of her birthdate to see how much she has changed - when she turns one I'll do it every 6 months or yearly.
Hi

Digital cameras and Video cameras are a wonderful invention, not only are you capturing your little bubba you are capturing your house and the outside world as it is now, I think it would be interesting for Bubby to see her first home and what her parents used to look like all those years ago!
Baby books are wonderful these days too, they have special little envelopes to put first lock of hair in and bracelets from hospital extra. They are fun to fill out too. The one I have has a month by month of what buba is doing and you put in a photo. It is amazing the changes in just a month. It is also easy to forget when they first smiled, first grabbed a toy, if you write it down now, it is fascinating reading a few weeks later!
Get out the video camera, it is so much fun!
Hello Everyone.

As well as the keepsakes others have mentioned like the newsapaer, cord clamp, hospital bands etc I also create a new keepsake every year for my kids. Starting on (or close enough to) the day they were born and every year on their bithday I write them a letter. I tell them what has happened that year, how much things cost,like milk bread fuel and neswpaper. I also let them know how I was feeling during the year, Whether things were all too much or if I was really happy with life etc. I have a box for each of my children which holds their keepsakes and their letters. I hope to give them the box when they are older, 18th or 21st birthday's probably. Hopefully they don't think I'm corny.
Andrae

Andrae,WA - Liam, Siobhan and Erin

Hello I kept most of the same things as the other mums but I also kept the newspapers for the day he was born. That way he can see for himself what the headlines etc where. They contain heaps of adds and of course sports results. I also keep a diary of daily things and events to look back on. I write in this the day I took certain photos so when they are processed I know exactly how old my son was at the time. My husband is a police officer so when my son turned 1 I dressed him up in one of my husbands shirts and took a photo. I am planning to do this on every birthday with the same shirt that I have put away. I am hoping this will be funny to look back on and perhaps a great talking piece for his 21st.
Hi,
I kept the positive pregnancy test stick (in plastic), the newspaper the day Ella was born, her hospital tag from hospital, her tapemeasure, all the cards, etc. I too take photos so every couple of weeks we shoot away.
The other thing I did for Ella was kept a diary of when I was pregnant. Everyday I wrote in it about how I was feeling, etc and had it bound to give to her when she is older. I felt that this was important to do, especially in the case that if anything happened or happens to me when she is little then she has something that I wrote about when I was pregnant with her so that she knew how much she was loved and wanted even before she was born.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Hi I have basically kept everything lol
The clamp from my daughters belly button
All the cards etc, I even have the 2 pregnancy test strips showing postive lol
I agree with the previous poster about the beauty of digital cameras....I have taken photos every single Saturday since she was born 14 weeks ago..I have also kept a new born nappy out of the very first packet of nappies I bought lol ummmmmmmm there is so much I cant list it all lol
By the way my other baby is 18 on the 27th of this month and I still have so much from when he was a baby lol smile

Lisa SA mum to beautiful haley born 27/9/03

i have the cutting from the paper, i have the name band and the belly button clip, i have my arm band. i have the clothes i took her home in, i have clay prints of her hands and feet. i have photos galore. i also am into scrapbooking so i have a few albums there. i also got a thing from twinkle toes too. video tapes of her cant think of anything else right now...

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Hi Anniesmum,

I have a box under my bed filled with things from when my baby was born. It has in it the newspaper from the day she was born, the first little jumpsuit she ever wore, her hospital bracelet, as well as the 3 sets of clothes my mother bought when she couldn't decide what she should wear her first day home. As my mother lives in a different town, she didn't end up getting back to see us until the weekend after we left the hospital, so she wore a little pink suit and a pair of socks, which i have also kept. My cousin took photos of her in the birthsuite, and i have printed off a dozen copies of her first photo, which was taken as the doctor laid her on my chest. I have put one of those photos in the box. I have also kept a bib that says "My First Christmas" that she had on for Christmas day. The box is pretty much full, but i have left room to put her favourite toys (rattle and musical smiley-face sun) in the box when she's finished playing with them.

mother to Hannah born August 9 2003

wow keeping things for our bubs must go with our name . i am michelle as well.
i found those space bags really good for keeping things, if u put the things in boxes or picture frames first they dont get crushed when u suck out all the air. i have kept my baby's first bottle and first dummy aswell. i've kept her 1st of everything really.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Sign in to follow this topic