Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Growth & Development
  5. games to play with 4 1/2 mth??

games to play with 4 1/2 mth?? Rss

I am just wondering if anybody has any ideas for games I can play with my son, he is 4 1/2 mths. We play peek a boo and singing games but I am getting a bit bored with them. Any suggestions are welcome...

Em Tmba - mum to Liam 31/7/03 & Callum 7/5/05

Hi there,

I saw your post and had to reply!!! Games for a 4 1/2 month old??? Well apart from singing songs with actions and playing peek a boo, there's probably not a lot you can do. I used to read picture books to my daughter at that age - piont to the pictures and say the words. You can also play on the floor. I used to and still do roll around on the floor and play with my daughter and her toys. Just keep your little one stimulated with music, colours, shapes, sounds etc. It sounds like you are on the right track anyway. Have fun, that's the main thing. Bye for now, Michelle... P.S. Go outside too, share the wonders of the garden with your son, he will love it.
My son is 4 1/2 months now and he loves it when I blow raspberries on his tummy. I have also given his some different things to hold and play with. For instance, I have taken a mesh laundry bag (used to wash delicates like pantyhose etc.) and I put crinkly packaging inside (like empty chippy bags) and zipped it up and voila--a new toy!

Also, we practice his sitting up and standing from a lying position.

He loves when I read to him although, I am going to have to start buying him a few board books of his own so that he can touch for himself. I don't really want to let him 'go to town' on the books that I get from the library.

If you are getting tired of the same old songs, here is a good website with the lyrics of many children's songs: http://www.kididdles.com/

Hope this helps.

Michelle, QLD, Sean Aug 03 Owen Nov 05

Sign in to follow this topic